The Student Room Group

Imperial Medicine Applicants-2014 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by oxidantshappen
I don't know what i'd do without you lot on the studentroom keeping me calm... I just keep telling myself surely they can't withdraw the offer because of a mix up on their side that doesn't affect the standard offer!? Right?! DX

Lol very very unlikely especially if you have the grades on ucas and they have messed up ...
Also even if u have meased up as i said all tehy care about generally that u have AAAC with A grade specifically in chemistry and biology ; the rest they are usually cool
BUT THEY ARE THE UNI THEY CAN DO ANYTHING THEY REALLY WAnt ..... So best to be cautious ( but if u have the right grades on ucas and they messed up ur on a much stronger grounds as u probably aren't retaking lol
But u remember ur strong point of having A's in chem an bio and 3A'S overall
Try n go to bed ... I know it must be so so hard but u genuinely cant make the earth turn faster lol lol lol lol i know unless i am talking to a super person or mr incredible ( lol at the film reference lolz) and so just Try and relax and remain cautiously optimistic .... But remain cautious !!!!! Lol bet that didnt help lol

Ps i cant be bothered to edit my message as there are so many spelling and grammatical errors ... I am sorry its too late to get those right lolz
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by qwerty_96
yh got an offer friday night

Hi, if you don't mind me asking what time on Friday was this?
Reply 1382
Everyone with offers, have they specified which subjects you must get the As in? Because on my Ucas it says the offer is AAAC in any order for biology, chemistry, physics and maths. Does this mean I can still get in with a C in chem?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha it was just an error on their part! They were soo chill haha, thank you all for keeping me sane .. Can't wait to join you all in September!!!!! eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!
Haha it was just an error on their part! They were soo chill haha, thank you all for keeping me sane .. Can't wait to join you all in September!!!!! eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

Congratz!!! How many days after you interview did you find out?
Original post by Mo_maths
Congratz!!! How many days after you interview did you find out?

Exactly a week, but I wouldn't worry if you've waited longer, most people seem to have waited 6-14 days! Good luck!

Lol see all that stress was for nothing...... To be honest I would be exactly like u if that happened with me Lolz .....
Thanks for letting all know here that it was sorted out.....m
Best of luck buddy ..... And many congratulations of course

Posted from TSR Mobile
Exactly a week, but I wouldn't worry if you've waited longer, most people seem to have waited 6-14 days! Good luck!

Thanks! My interview was last wednesday so it might be tomorrow, might not. But what time exactly did you find out if you don't mind me asking :redface: :smile:
Thanks! My interview was last wednesday so it might be tomorrow, might not. But what time exactly did you find out if you don't mind me asking :redface: :smile:

Well I found out pretty late at night! So have most other people i've noticed, around 11/12ish, my confirmation off imperial came back at 1.45am!
Hi, if you don't mind me asking what time on Friday was this?

Track update 10.35pm (GMT)
Original post by ae134258
Everyone with offers, have they specified which subjects you must get the As in? Because on my Ucas it says the offer is AAAC in any order for biology, chemistry, physics and maths. Does this mean I can still get in with a C in chem?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I do the same subjects, and have the same offer- yeah any order so as long as you get AAAC it's all good :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
So after not hearing back from imperial about a month after my interview, I called imperial up and found out that I'm on the reserve list?

Is anyone else in this position? I'm so gutted because imperial is my first choice and I have been rejected from everywhere else! :frown:

Does anyone also know the likelihood of actually getting an offer at August when placed on the reserve list? Or shall I not get my hopes high and just count it as a rejection..?
Reply 1392
Original post by timeywimey
I do the same subjects, and have the same offer- yeah any order so as long as you get AAAC it's all good :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh right. Seemed to good to be true, it's a pretty nice offer to be honest :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
I made it!!!!! Offer just a few mins ago!!!!! Good luck to the rest of you still waiting!
I made it!!!!! Offer just a few mins ago!!!!! Good luck to the rest of you still waiting!

Congratulations! Relieved the wait is over?!! :P See you in October :tongue:
Congratulations! Relieved the wait is over?!! :P See you in October :tongue:

Thank You :biggrin: It was worth it in the end!!
When do we get the pack off them?
(edited 10 years ago)

well done mate!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank You :biggrin: It was worth it in the end!!
When do we get the pack off them?

Totally! :tongue: I have no idea, i've just firmed so perhaps in the next week or so?! ... I also have to send off my A level certificates and DBS .. I wonder if anyone knows whether a DBS I had done in October would be okay? Or should I just get a new one done?
Reply 1398
Is anyone else having trouble getting their hep b vaccination?

My GP seems really reluctant to give it to me because she says that she can't charge me as an NHS patient, but Imperial won't cover the cost? Help!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by emmmalou
Is anyone else having trouble getting their hep b vaccination?

My GP seems really reluctant to give it to me because she says that she can't charge me as an NHS patient, but Imperial won't cover the cost? Help!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not sure how relevant this is but I went travelling this year, so had hep A and B given together in a combined vaccination and it was free at my GP.. But they did mention that if i'd have had them separately I would have paid.. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending