The Student Room Group

Imperial Medicine Applicants-2014 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Hi, I'm a current medical student at Imperial and I went to POTMED which is held at IMPERIAL in September when I was applying for medicine. I would defo recommend it cos it helped me a lot with my application and it was really cheap compared to other BMAT/UKCAT courses. :smile: Its run by medical students at Imperial and they gave practise BMAT and UKCAT questions, they gave me a mock interview with feedback and helped me with my personal statement. I'd defo recommend looking into cos the people there were really nice and they've been through the application process themselves. Just google Potmed Imperial college and you should find its website hopefully :smile:

Original post by Inglisred
Hi there!

Thought I might as well post here because you guys have had experience with Imperial and applying.

I was thinking of applying to Imperial for 2015 entry. How did you guys study for the BMAT and what did you do to ensure you'd make the score for Imperial? Would anybody recommend coaching or courses? Note that I'm terrible when it comes to aptitude tests so I think section 1 will be my worst...How did you guys manage to tackle that? And for section 2 I hear you need gcse science knowledge, however many people are saying its more advanced than that. What are the "must-have" resources for the BMAT?

Additionally, how did you guys prep for your interviews?

I'd be really grateful if you guys could help out.

Original post by nadoothy
Hi, I'm a current medical student at Imperial and I went to POTMED which is held at IMPERIAL in September when I was applying for medicine. I would defo recommend it cos it helped me a lot with my application and it was really cheap compared to other BMAT/UKCAT courses. :smile: Its run by medical students at Imperial and they gave practise BMAT and UKCAT questions, they gave me a mock interview with feedback and helped me with my personal statement. I'd defo recommend looking into cos the people there were really nice and they've been through the application process themselves. Just google Potmed Imperial college and you should find its website hopefully :smile:

Hello. Unfortunately that won't be possible for me. I'm an international applicant and London is an eight hour flight from here. Thanks though :biggrin:
Original post by nadoothy

Pot med is awesome!
Do I have a chance at imperial with 3A at A2 and an A at AS. And 5A* at GCSE (the rest were A's) ??? Whenever I see people who got an offer from imperial they say they got A* at a level :frown:
does imperial want three science a levels or is Biology and Chemistry up to A2 and Maths AS fine as well? Really confused as to what their requirement are on the website
Original post by medicinebabe
Hello guys
i have finished my IB exams and i am holding an unconditional offer for deferred entry at Imperial, meaning for 2014 like you!!!

if you have ANY questions for bmat, ukcat, imperial please feel free to ask!

and from someone who passed the application cycle i wish you all good luck and stay positive throughout the year!

hey! i would like to apply to imperial this year. Please could you share your IB subjects and predicted grades if you dont mind. Also how did you prepare for the BMAT (especially the essay)
Why imperial?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending