The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Am I good enough for Leeds?

I want to apply for Economics & Management. I have completed Maths up until AS level, but don't think I'll complete it to A2. In terms of my other subjects, I'm doing History, Geography and Economics, I might get 3 A's. might get a C for Maths AS. I also achieved a grade A in AS ICT in year 11. At GCSE I achieved 3A*s 5As 3Bs

I want to apply for Econ & Management at:
- Sheffield
- Leeds
- Nottingham (Industrial Economics)
- Lancaster
- Leicester
- Birmingham
- Aston
- St Andrews
- Keele

None of these ask for AS or A2 Maths, but some say an A in GCSE Maths. I have an A in GCSE Maths (Year 10).

How likely are these unis to make me an offer? I hear they don't make many offers to non-maths students?
Reply 1
I had a similar problem as I didn't want to do maths at A2 so I emailed various unis and just asked if I'd be ok without maths. I was told I'd be fine by Leeds, Lancaster, Newcastle and Kent and got offers from the all as well as Loughborough. Nottingham said it'd be very unlikely for them to give someone an offer without maths so I didn't end up applying there. I got a B at AS maths and As in geography, economics and politics with predictions of A*A*A for this year. My GCSEs are slightly worse than yours. I've got Leeds as my firm and Lancaster as my insurance, good luck for your application hope it'll work out for you as it did for me.

Ps this was for straight economics, but I'm sure there'd be little difference for economics and management.
(edited 10 years ago)
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Quick Reply

Latest