The Student Room Group

UCAS - Applying for two universities with one application

Hi, I want to apply for a foundation year to Coventry and LJMU. My question is can I use one application and apply for both or do I need two applications?

Also how long does my statement have to be? an pointers on what I should include?

Can I use my Personal Math tutor as my referee?

Brett
Reply 1
Original post by lolomg
Hi, I want to apply for a foundation year to Coventry and LJMU. My question is can I use one application and apply for both or do I need two applications?

Also how long does my statement have to be? an pointers on what I should include?

Can I use my Personal Math tutor as my referee?

Brett

If it's through UCAS, one application. It will specify on the website if you should apply through UCAS or directly to the university

37 Lines or 4000 characters, it can be shorter. Don't waffle to make it reach the limit. Add why you want to do the subject, try not to be generic, include what you've done to show you have an interest such as reading around the subject etc workshops or whatever additional qualifications you have that aren't recognised by UCAS like the Maths Challenge.
There's loads of PS guides online and I'm sure there's one on TSR somewhere

Yes
Reply 2
Original post by J_W-x
If it's through UCAS, one application. It will specify on the website if you should apply through UCAS or directly to the university

37 Lines or 4000 characters, it can be shorter. Don't waffle to make it reach the limit. Add why you want to do the subject, try not to be generic, include what you've done to show you have an interest such as reading around the subject etc workshops or whatever additional qualifications you have that aren't recognised by UCAS like the Maths Challenge.
There's loads of PS guides online and I'm sure there's one on TSR somewhere

Yes

Under choices I can't just add another Uni? coventry is listed as a choice in UCAS list. so in that case I would have to copy and paste my statement on to my new application and ask my referee to to do two applications? (both the same) ?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by lolomg
Under choices I can't just add another Uni? coventry is listed as a choice in UCAS list. so in that case I would have to copy and paste my statement on to my new application and ask my referee to to do two applications? (both the same) ?

Oh you're applying for 2013 entry? If so I don't know what the procedure is for applying so late
If you're applying for 2014 entry then you should have paid the higher cost to apply to you get 5 choices
Reply 4
Anyone help me out here? today is the last day and I want to know if I have to have two applications?

Brett
Original post by lolomg
Anyone help me out here? today is the last day and I want to know if I have to have two applications?

Brett

You only get one UCAS application per year. So just click on 'add choice' and add the other university.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending