The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ezekiella
I take care of my skin and work out and all that, but I just can't be bothered to put on foundation/lippy etc. each day, I feel weird having all these different colours on my face :s-smilie: I put a lot of effort into the way I dress and so on, but I just rarely wear make-up even on a night out, at the most I'll pop on some lipstick or something. I wear it now and then for really fancy occasions, but I absolutely hate the feeling and hate having to take it off, it feels like washing paint off. :eek:

So, girls, do you judge other girls/form an impression of them for not wearing make-up?

Guys, do you find girls who don't wear make-up less attractive?

I find them more attractive:hump2:
Original post by wildrover
I prefer a girl to wear it.

:eek: but at least your honest about it :/
Reply 62
I don't wear it often but I don't judge anyone else for wearing it! People can do whatever they want :smile:
Reply 63
Original post by James A
You are an incredibly cheeky poster.

Thank you. I'm very blunt, a rare quality these days.
I rarely, if ever wear make-up.

But when I have done before I always felt self conscious about touching my face and if my make-up is fine...

Also, I don't really know how to apply make-up properly either. :colondollar:
I wear mascara and eyeliner sometimes, but my skin isn't horrendous so I don't bother with foundation because it will only make my skin worse! I'm too lazy most days xD

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 66
Natural beauty > Fake beauty.
Reply 67
Not really bothered by makeup tbh :dontknow: I'll wear it if I feel like it but most of the time I don't bother - I tend to have more important things to be getting on with anyway

I've always found it's other women who find it strange more often than men. A lot of women go with the 'Oh but you should wear makeup' attitude and I find it bizarre that they should concern themselves with my appearance - it's kind of sad that that is worth discussing at length over anything else more pressing. Most men I know think I'm wearing makeup when I'm not and don't when I am so shows what they know anyway :tongue:
Reply 68
Original post by Flowermil
You make assumptions about others, that fit into how you feel. Therefore I can make assumptions about what you say, that fit into how I feel.

Flowermil, I honestly wouldn't waste your time on her :lol:
Original post by usernme_
i always think its strange when people save things "for best" why not use the stuff you like best all the time?
wether its dishes or dresses if there not going to break after using them a certain amount of time why keep them in the cupboard , if these items are concidered the best

You can't always look your best, because you have nothing to compare it too, therefore your 'best' would become normal and actually gets really boring, I hate having the same style everyday in terms of make up/hair/clothes
I like a transformation from day to night, like when going out I'll wear a nice evening/party dress and heels but I wouldn't for the daytime Because you're making more of an effort to look glamorous

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by _anyawalsh
You can't always look your best, because you have nothing to compare it too, therefore your 'best' would become normal and actually gets really boring, I hate having the same style everyday in terms of make up/hair/clothes
I like a transformation from day to night, like when going out I'll wear a nice evening/party dress and heels but I wouldn't for the daytime Because you're making more of an effort to look glamorous

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why don't you want to look like that all the time? Why not make 'normal' brill? I don't get it
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
Why don't you want to look like that all the time? Why not make 'normal' brill? I don't get it

If you make normal brill then brill becomes normal. Brill would no longer exist!
Original post by LavenderBlueSky88
If you make normal brill then brill becomes normal. Brill would no longer exist!

I don't get that, because it might be normal but that doesn't change that it looks nice. So your normal is nice. It doesn't mean looking nice is less nice. Just that nice is normal
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
I don't get that, because it might be normal but that doesn't change that it looks nice. So your normal is nice. It doesn't mean looking nice is less nice. Just that nice is normal

I think it's more that when I dress up or go on a date or whatever I want to look 'extra nice' and if I looked 'extra nice' all the time I wouldn't be able to enjoy the feeling of looking 'extra nice' for an evening. Basically though, I don't care enough about how my face looks to want to put makeup on daily, it irritates me and I hate having to take it off. When I do wear it it's something that I put up with to look good like high heels or a tight dress!
Original post by LavenderBlueSky88
I think it's more that when I dress up or go on a date or whatever I want to look 'extra nice' and if I looked 'extra nice' all the time I wouldn't be able to enjoy the feeling of looking 'extra nice' for an evening. Basically though, I don't care enough about how my face looks to want to put makeup on daily, it irritates me and I hate having to take it off. When I do wear it it's something that I put up with to look good like high heels or a tight dress!

I guess that sort of makes sense. I like to look nice all the time, I spend a lot of time on it, but then as I said before I'm very flamboyant and eccentric and so it makes sense :tongue:
I think people should be comfortable in their own natural skin, but if they want to wear make up to cover up spots or make their eyes stand out etc then that's fine too :-) at the end of the day it's up to whoever it is and the priority is that they are happy with the way they look. However it would be nice to see more people happy with their natural beauty :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 76
I never wear foundation, I hate the stuff (probably not the best thing for a fashion and beauty blogger to admit, but oh well ^.^), and there are still some days when I'll happily leave the house without make-up.
For years I didn't wear any make-up at all, and even now I feel a bit uncomfortable wearing it...I always seem to smudge it...
Reply 77
I try not to wear makeup not cause I think I don't need it but because I feel like it makes me no prettier cause nothing would ever make me pretty, yet my parents tell me I should wear it as its lazy and when I leave the house I'm representing our family, I have no problem with people wearing makeup it's their choice but I hate when people wear it and say they aren't!!
Girls with make up = attractive
Girls without make up = even more attractive.

IMHO.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 79
I don't wear make up. I conciously made the decision when I was younger to not start because I knew that once I started I'd be one of those people who wouldn't be able to leave the house without make up -I just couldn't do that to myself, I hate conformity. I wear it on special occasions but that's all and even then not all the time (the last wedding I went, I just couldn't be bothered). Don't get me I think it makes women look beautiful and would probably help me in the looks department. But whether I need make up or I don't doesn't play a role in this. Besides I've had people compliment my looks sans make up so that's always a little confidence booster. I suffer from hayfever so....eyeliner...big no no. Also I work out every day and I worry about my toxins not being able to escape my pores.

Latest