The Student Room Group

5th choice for Medicine?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by purplefrog
Nothing out of the ordinary to it. Submitted a medicine PS, got called up for interview... did (I imagine exceptionally) well at interview... they liked her enough to want to offer her a place.

Would you be so kind as to PM me an email address or something so I could ask her some questions (I'll totally understand if you say no :smile:)? I was gonna leave the 5th choice blank but this has really piqued my interest...
Reply 21
I've looked into the 2 yr Biomedical Science course and (thankfully) its not a scam although I can see why it would come across as one as its pretty hard to believe!

Buckingham University don't come across shady in the slightest and this is a legit course. I had my aunt speaking to them as she is a bit more 'with it' on the academic side so asked her to do the checks. She gave it the thumbs up. So I've decided to put this 2yr BSc down as my 5th option - least I'll done in 2 yrs and can apply to GEM either in the UK and/or abroad.

Having now spoken to them I do feel more confident that I have a decent back up plan should I ail to get into the other 4 uni's of my choice.
Original post by natlynn96
I think I've decided on Medicinal Chemistry at UCL as my fifth choice. Thanks guys for your help and other advice or info on the course or uni will be appreciated :smile:

That sounds like a good 5th choice :smile:. Good luck with your application!
Reply 23
Which uni's are most likely to accept you for pharmacy when applying for pharmacy as 5th choice?
Reply 24
Do you think pharmacology at newcastle would be a good 5th choice?
Reply 25
Does anyone know if imperial accept a medicine ps for other courses?
Original post by MX123
Does anyone know if imperial accept a medicine ps for other courses?

I was watching an Imperial Admissions tutor on YT giving a talk on personal statements and she said that she gets many medical statements for unrelated courses and she said "that's fine". Make what you want of that.
Reply 27
Original post by adhillmont
I've looked into the 2 yr Biomedical Science course and (thankfully) its not a scam although I can see why it would come across as one as its pretty hard to believe!

Buckingham University don't come across shady in the slightest and this is a legit course. I had my aunt speaking to them as she is a bit more 'with it' on the academic side so asked her to do the checks. She gave it the thumbs up. So I've decided to put this 2yr BSc down as my 5th option - least I'll done in 2 yrs and can apply to GEM either in the UK and/or abroad.

Having now spoken to them I do feel more confident that I have a decent back up plan should I ail to get into the other 4 uni's of my choice.

My brother goes to Buckingham and is having a great time doing a 2 year marketing degree, so no, it's not a scam

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 28
Original post by SteelCookie
I was watching an Imperial Admissions tutor on YT giving a talk on personal statements and she said that she gets many medical statements for unrelated courses and she said "that's fine". Make what you want of that.

I guess I'll just phone them to double check
Reply 29
Original post by MX123
I guess I'll just phone them to double check

If you do, please tell me what they say!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending