Reply 1780
Original post by fallen_acorns
currently it stands:

Szcz

Coleman - Lescott - walker

Walcott - Hazard - Hernandez - Brady

Benteke - RVP - Giroud

Happy with keeper
ok with defense - though I feel bad for brekaing up the zaballetta-ivanovic-coleman combo, which worked so well the past few weeks.
Midfield im not 100% on at all.. far from it.. finding midflied the hardest section at the moment.
Very happy upfront - really wanted RVP (havent had him up until now)

I'd be wary of Lescott, the ship might have sailed. I have him myself, had him since the start, because with Nastasic's injury he provided decent City defensive coverage. But Nastastic is back and Kompany is on the way back, and those two were the preferred partnership by the end of last season. New manager might have different thoughts of course, but personally i'm looking at how i'm gonna be getting rid of Lescott in the next couple of weeks, he was always a short term option for me. Got a feeling him and Nastasic might be rotated quite a bit making both of them pretty poor options.
Forgot that I have a wildcard so did 4 transfers this week :facepalm2:
Original post by Louis.
I'd be wary of Lescott, the ship might have sailed. I have him myself, had him since the start, because with Nastasic's injury he provided decent City defensive coverage. But Nastastic is back and Kompany is on the way back, and those two were the preferred partnership by the end of last season. New manager might have different thoughts of course, but personally i'm looking at how i'm gonna be getting rid of Lescott in the next couple of weeks, he was always a short term option for me. Got a feeling him and Nastasic might be rotated quite a bit making both of them pretty poor options.

mm, I was thinking the same - he seemed good for this week, as im pretty sure he will start, and they have a good shot at a clean sheet..

But il be looking at swapping him out pretty soon on a free transfer :smile:
Original post by Straight up G
I read a stat a while back about how of his last 40 or something goals, only 2 have been away from home... his upcoming home games aren't the easiest, and obviously he's not suited to away games.

Ah fair enough. I have him in my team but my wildcard is still active so I'm pondering whether to take him out after what you've just said lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Van Persie (c). Normal service resumed.
the next few weeks will be interesting!

My team from week3:

Hart
Coleman - Zab - Ivan
Courtinho - Wallcott - Chaldi - Giacharinni
Sturridge - Dzeko - Giroud

WC week, big changes, and im now with roughly this for the next few weeks:

Schezney
Coleman - Lescott - Walker
Hazzard - Wallcott - Hernandez - Brady
Benteke - RVP - Giroud

After a great 2 weeks, sat 8th on the TSR leauge.. though with 8 changes, who knows what will happen now!

I hope though, the new team will reflect the next 4-5 fixtures..

Some small weekly changes planned though - will drop lescott for next week, and if ozil comes in well, then he will be in for wallcott, - also schez for mingolet, once liverpools fixtures clear up.
Reply 1786
Anyone have an opinion on Lamela v Eriksen?

Lamela will play higher up the pitch but I know Eriksen takes free kicks.

And why is Ozil not a 100% playing ffs :colonhash:
Reply 1787
Was really tempted by Lamela but AVB has been talking him and Eriksen down (especially Lamela), saying they're not fit, settling in, adapting blah blah blah, and not to expect too much.

Probably gonna wait for now, but if one of them hits form they'll be in quite quickly because I can't see many dependable midfield options around.
Reply 1788
Original post by Louis.
Was really tempted by Lamela but AVB has been talking him and Eriksen down (especially Lamela), saying they're not fit, settling in, adapting blah blah blah, and not to expect too much.

Probably gonna wait for now, but if one of them hits form they'll be in quite quickly because I can't see many dependable midfield options around.

Screw it, I'll just leave Townsend in for this week and make sure I have money to swap him next week.

I'm guessing Jovetic will replace Silva, or maybe Nasri won't be a bad punt :holmes:

Edit: If I wanted United cover who do you recommend from your midfield?
(edited 10 years ago)
Hmm don't know whether to go for Van Persie or welbeck which will give me money to strengthen the mid. Van Persie is almost twice his price lol, plus welbeck looks likely to start.
Original post by jam277
Forgot that I have a wildcard so did 4 transfers this week :facepalm2:

Pretty sure you can still use your wildcard and get them points back.
Original post by Deshi
Edit: If I wanted United cover who do you recommend from your midfield?

Wouldn't go near any United midfielder right now tbh, Nani might be worth a punt for the next few games but that's about it. Kagawa is going straight in my team once it looks like Moyes is going to actually play him.
With Sturridge just changed from 25% to 50% doubt I think i'm going to ditch him, buck the total lack of imagination that is drawing me towards Welbeck and go for Danny Osvaldo. That guy looks absolute class and i'm willing to overlook the fact he is a dirty rotten scummer because I reckon he's going to grab his first goal tomorrow against West Ham. Shame lambert is on pennos, but hey, when you got a feeling, you got a feeling.
Done Silva for Ben Arfa. Captained Walcott. Must not log in again until after the deadline..
Reply 1794
Finally reached 500 posts!

And wildcarded to bring in RVP :coma:

Screen Shot 2013-09-13 at 21.15.29.png

Gone for 4-3-3 rotating Brady and Redmond depending on fixtures
Original post by Futurism
Finally reached 500 posts!

And wildcarded to bring in RVP :coma:

Screen Shot 2013-09-13 at 21.15.29.png

Gone for 4-3-3 rotating Brady and Redmond depending on fixtures

Have to admit that I like that team. No midfield players have starred so far this season (though it is early days).
Is Wallcott going to play anyone? Or is he out?
Original post by Zerforax
Have to admit that I like that team. No midfield players have starred so far this season (though it is early days).

Yeah i like it as well, though my main concern would be if Michu or any other 9ml + midfielder really gets firing. With the bonus points system the way it is you'd be losing a lot of points having only two goalscoring midfielders. Brady looks ok but I wouldn't trust this Steve Bruce team to make enough chances.
Reply 1798
Original post by Mister Dead
Yeah i like it as well, though my main concern would be if Michu or any other 9ml + midfielder really gets firing. With the bonus points system the way it is you'd be losing a lot of points having only two goalscoring midfielders. Brady looks ok but I wouldn't trust this Steve Bruce team to make enough chances.

Yeah this was my only concern, but if the mids start firing so Michu or Coutinho, I just RVP + Brady -> Benteke + Michu.

Can't not have RVP if you wildcard IMO
Original post by Futurism
Yeah this was my only concern, but if the mids start firing so Michu or Coutinho, I just RVP + Brady -> Benteke + Michu.

Can't not have RVP if you wildcard IMO

Yeah I think if you act swiftly it wouldn't be too bad. Problem with Brady is I think that Hull are well capable of regularly going 2 or 3 games without even scoring and scoring >1 on few occasions. The fact they've scored 2 in 4 and two of those games were Leyton Orient and Norwich at home is telling. Classic Bruce

Not sure I agree about RVP. If another capo choice does emerge and you're able to predict it early then I think it's seriously in doubt. Initially I thought Walcott was nailed on for that, though i'm a little less certain now the BP formula has changed, and Ozil also throws some uncertainty into the mix. Benteke is another, as is Suarez/Sturridge depending on what happens. Aguero is quietly getting minutes right now and picking up points.

It's probably going to be a painful week for non-RVP teams though. One can only hope that he picks up assists rather than goals, or that Crystal Palace suddenly become, better.
(edited 10 years ago)

Latest