The Student Room Group
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website

first yea credits

does anyone know how many credits are required to advance from the first year of a course to the second?

similarly, what "level 1 mark" is sufficient to advance onto the second year?

i study journalism and english at salford university, if that makes it any easier to calculate this?

to add a bit more detail, passed all my first semester modules and was very satisfied with the grades i achieved. i'm just anxious for my overall marks and am wondering if anyone can shed a bit more light on what i need to have made it onto the second year.

thanks
(edited 10 years ago)
Normally you will need 120 credits, and to average no less than 40%, often with a minimum mark per module. This will vary by uni though so I'll move it to the Salford forum

Posted from TSR Mobile
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Origami Bullets
Normally you will need 120 credits, and to average no less than 40%, often with a minimum mark per module. This will vary by uni though so I'll move it to the Salford forum

Posted from TSR Mobile

is that right? i thought there was only 120 credits available for the entire year?
Original post by ralph99
is that right? i thought there was only 120 credits available for the entire year?

Exactly. Unis will want you to pass all 120 credits, unless they have a system of compensatable fails.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending