The Student Room Group

Christmas, birthday, valentines day and our 1 year anniversary within 4 months...

So as the title says me and my girlfriend have all these events within the space of 4 months... How do I go about it? As in, which is most important, which sorts of gifts/things should I do when etc etc

Any advice is useful, thanks.
Reply 1
Bday > 1 year anniversary > Christmas > Valentines day

Birthday usually means you've got to out do everyone else in the presents department.
1 year is important to some and not others depending on the couple.
Christmas is about family and friends in my opinion not about the gifts as such (unless you're 12)
Valentines day is just an excuse for candles and sexy time.
I know how you feel. I have it in the space of 3 months. Dec, Jan and Feb.

Birthdays are most important to us. We get each other big surprise gifts which are nice. For our anniversary, we don't spend much on gifts but we write nice cards and go out and do something special together.

We take Christmas and valentines day quite lightly. Cards and a really small gift (or sometimes no gift) and just simply spending time together does the trick.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3
It's not really necessary to buy an extravagant gift for a 1 year anniversary. I think Birthday & Christmas are quite important, With Valentines day just get her a card and some chocolates or something, you don't have to buy something ridiculously expensive.
Reply 4
Original post by JB20
Bday > 1 year anniversary > Christmas > Valentines day

Birthday usually means you've got to out do everyone else in the presents department.
1 year is important to some and not others depending on the couple.
Christmas is about family and friends in my opinion not about the gifts as such (unless you're 12)
Valentines day is just an excuse for candles and sexy time.

Original post by yennibubs
I know how you feel. I have it in the space of 3 months. Dec, Jan and Feb.

Birthdays are most important to us. We get each other big surprise gifts which are nice. For our anniversary, we don't spend much on gifts but we write nice cards and go out and do something special together.

We take Christmas and valentines day quite lightly. Cards and a really small gift (or sometimes no gift) and just simply spending time together does the trick.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by deedee123
It's not really necessary to buy an extravagant gift for a 1 year anniversary. I think Birthday & Christmas are quite important, With Valentines day just get her a card and some chocolates or something, you don't have to buy something ridiculously expensive.

Thanks, all helpful :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending