The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
did they accept me based on something else?

possibly - was your references/personal statement good?

By the way - are you doing A levels, if so what are your predicted grades?
You could get 280 points with CBB, or even CCC with a C at As level
Or even DCC + A/B at As level
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 2
Im a mess up trust me!

Im doin a levels.

at AS i got B, E, U, U

at A2 am doin two A2s (business and english) and one AS(accounts) and i fink am predicted C/D for business and D/E for enlgish

i know my grades are sh*t!
Its OK, ignore your predictions, most people do better than predicted.
Lets say you get a B in business and a C in English
That gives you 180 points
If you got a A in accounts then you will be on 240 points.
DMU may be kind and allow for a 30/40 point margin of error, which may lower the offer to 240.
If you work really hard and push your A2'S up a grade or two, then who knows?!
Reply 4
Thx 4 the reply...has there ever been a case where someone missed the points my quite a bit and still got a place?

DMU do let alot of people who do not get the points in based on other things like references etc.. so im greatly relying on that. all this negative thinking is making me depressed!
I'm going to DMU and my offer is also 280 points. Luckily I got good grades at AS, because I'm dreading these next exams coming up - it's so hard to revise and I'm not motivated at all :frown: Don't worry, I'm sure you'll do fine :smile:
Reply 6
tell me about it, my offer is lower than yours but i dont think i will make it either.

at at as i got cdd but dropped one of the d's because i sucked at it and im struggling to meet my offer big time now!

(i'm praying I follow my B at general studies through I got last year!)
Reply 7
The Stress Is Killing Me!
To the OP - see your Messages :smile:

Here is the tariff by the way:

A2

A - 120
B - 100
C - 80
D - 60
E - 40

As

A - 60
B - 50
C - 40
D - 30
E - 20

Hope this helps!
Reply 9
cheers bud!
guys, this mite sound kinda daft lol but the tarrifs confused me! wat grades would i need for 180 points?
At AS i got
C- enlgish lang
D- business studies
E- design tech
E- biology - which i dropped at AS and took General Studies in my second year as this was the procedure in our college
If you keep your E in Biology, then that's 20 points
If (at A2) you get a C in English, a D in Business and an E in Design then you will be on 180 points anyway.
so you could get DDE + e (in biology) and u in General Studies and still get 180 points!

You'll be alright!

Latest

Trending

Trending