The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Accommodation

What happens if you don't get your first choice accommodation and you can't afford the accommodation that the University has offered you?

Is there any chance of changing the accommodation, or are you stuck with it?

Thank you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi Paige,

Hopefully you'll get a place in your first choice accommodation, but if you can't afford what you're offered, get in touch with the Accommodation Office ([email protected]) and they'll be able to change you to somewhere cheaper. But remember that that might mean being a bit further away or not being en suite.

Similarly, if you move in somewhere and then realise part way through the year that your budget isn't going as planned, then again, you will be able to apply to move to somewhere cheaper.

I hope that helps,

Amanda
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
Original post by University of Leeds
Hi Paige,

Hopefully you'll get a place in your first choice accommodation, but if you can't afford what you're offered, get in touch with the Accommodation Office ([email protected]) and they'll be able to change you to somewhere cheaper. But remember that that might mean being a bit further away or not being en suite.

Similarly, if you move in somewhere and then realise part way through the year that your budget isn't going as planned, then again, you will be able to apply to move to somewhere cheaper.

I hope that helps,

Amanda

Thanks Amanda, just one more question:

I've applied for Henry Price, what's the likelihood of me getting it, as from what I've heard it's usually oversubscribed?

Thanks again :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by paigegiap
Thanks Amanda, just one more question:

I've applied for Henry Price, what's the likelihood of me getting it, as from what I've heard it's usually oversubscribed?

Thanks again :smile:

Hi Paige,

Henry Price is really over subscribed I'm afraid :frown: Especially so this year as we are going to be refurbishing a couple of the blocks in January so those blocks will only be available for exchange students who are here for one semester.

Have a read of this thread I posted in at the end of last year, it explains how we allocate accommodation, it's a bit long, but hopefully explains the process in an easy-ish way! http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=40378676&highlight=

Amanda
Reply 4
Original post by University of Leeds
Hi Paige,

Henry Price is really over subscribed I'm afraid :frown: Especially so this year as we are going to be refurbishing a couple of the blocks in January so those blocks will only be available for exchange students who are here for one semester.

Have a read of this thread I posted in at the end of last year, it explains how we allocate accommodation, it's a bit long, but hopefully explains the process in an easy-ish way! http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=40378676&highlight=

Amanda

Thank you very much :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest