The Student Room Group

St. Andrews Medical Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by FreyaCat
I don't think it is, certainly not by ukcat.

Not by UKCAT but maybe by overall score... could be wrong though, there could be people sitting with the highest scores without an interview yet
I'm certainly thinking local schools are considered first! I got 822.5... If they start from the top and work down then 😂🔫

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 182
Original post by Blobblecats
I'm certainly thinking local schools are considered first! I got 822.5... If they start from the top and work down then ������������

Posted from TSR Mobile

Can't be, Radioheadanton has an interview and he lives near London!!
There's no point trying to find a pattern, there probably isn't one..

There are only something like two interview dates before Christmas, so logic dictates that most of them will be after Christmas. Relax, there's plenty of time.
Original post by Ceryni
Can't be, Radioheadanton has an interview and he lives near London!!

Well I'm an applicant from Asia :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kierandoran
For everyone who's got an interview well done and what was your UKCAT scores?

Mine is the 2nd December and I got 718 (which seems to be so much lower than everyone else who's posted so far :P)
Perhaps it could be dependent on when the ucas application was sent off? I.e those who sent it off on the 1st october would receive interviews before those who sent it off on the 14th?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 187
Hmmmmm I sent it off quite late. I think most likely it's overall score but it might just be random so there's no need to fret - there is still ages!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got an interview on the 6th December too! I have a pretty low UKCAT score though (725) so don't think it's just highest first. There are a few at my school with an interview on the same date and we all got the email at the same time, so maybe they're doing it by school? Also I sent my application off on the 14th, so doubt it's that either. No rhyme or reason.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 189
Original post by peanutbutter18
Got an interview on the 6th December too! I have a pretty low UKCAT score though (725) so don't think it's just highest first. There are a few at my school with an interview on the same date and we all got the email at the same time, so maybe they're doing it by school? Also I sent my application off on the 14th, so doubt it's that either. No rhyme or reason.

Please don't say that you got a "pretty low" UKCAT score! I got 725 too, and we're near the 80th percentile... :s-smilie: :tongue:
Only on TSR would 725 be considered 'low' :tongue:
By school - that's interesting! Maybe they do do that... what time did you get the email and what was the ukcat scores of the other people at your school if you don't mind me asking?
Reply 192
Original post by Dr. Django
Only on TSR would 725 be considered 'low' :tongue:

Scares me as much as hearing of a guy at a friend's school who honestly considered withdrawing his application after getting 670, because "no-one gets below 700"!!! :facepalm: :eek:
Original post by Ceryni
Scares me as much as hearing of a guy at a friend's school who honestly considered withdrawing his application after getting 670, because "no-one gets below 700"!!! :facepalm: :eek:

Haha it's hilarious :tongue: I'm kept in reality by the fact that out of the 5 people who took it at my school, no one else got above average (and they are all good applicants!!)

Also, even though like 15% of TSR had 800+ on the poll, only 3-4% did nationally...TSR contains the 'best of the best'....or simply a lot of liars :tongue:
Reply 194
It's so annoying and depressing to hear that people say a score of >700 is 'low', be grateful guys.
Original post by kierandoran
By school - that's interesting! Maybe they do do that... what time did you get the email and what was the ukcat scores of the other people at your school if you don't mind me asking?

It was around 5pm, and there were five of us with interviews. I'm not sure exactly but there was a 735, a 750, an 850 and another one over 800, with mine being the lowest. Just a theory but there seems to be some schools with lots of interviews and others with very able candidates and no interviews yet!

Original post by Chi-
It's so annoying and depressing to hear that people say a score of >700 is 'low', be grateful guys.

Sorry, that was in response to them only interviewing the highest scores first.

Original post by Ceryni
Please don't say that you got a "pretty low" UKCAT score! I got 725 too, and we're near the 80th percentile... :s-smilie: :tongue:

Oh really? I hadn't checked the deciles, that's made me feel better :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 196
Original post by peanutbutter18
It was around 5pm, and there were five of us with interviews. I'm not sure exactly but there was a 735, a 750, an 850 and another one over 800, with mine being the lowest. Just a theory but there seems to be some schools with lots of interviews and others with very able candidates and no interviews yet!

Sorry, that was in response to them only interviewing the highest scores first.

Oh really? I hadn't checked the deciles, that's made me feel better :smile:

Not you specifically, but how do you think people with a score of 600 or even less feel when they read these forums looking for tips and help and people are complaining about their wonderful scores and deeming them low. Haha no worries though.
Reply 197
Hi there
All these discussions are scaring me to hell. I got 685 on average, do you think I don't have any chance?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lulib
Hi there
All these discussions are scaring me to hell. I got 685 on average, do you think I don't have any chance?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Last year average offer holder had 675 so more than a chance!! And its only 15%!! I think everyone needs to stop fretting about UKCAT scores! Anything above average imo will be fine for st andrews! However obviously a higher score may stand you in better stead!
Reply 199
Original post by RadioheadAnton
Last year average offer holder had 675 so more than a chance!! And its only 15%!! I think everyone needs to stop fretting about UKCAT scores! Anything above average imo will be fine for st andrews! However obviously a higher score may stand you in better stead!

Oh thank you. This really helped. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending