The Student Room Group

St. Andrews Medical Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ElinorH
Sorry to throw a spanner in the works but I did...and I really considered my application strong enough to get at least an interview but I haven't heard anything yet either!

CALM GUYS, Its stressful but they still have a hellava lots of interviews still to give out and I think its all random anyway! You haven't been rejected so just keep preparing for your forthcoming interview whenever it is so you can do the best you possibly can with it!
Original post by ElinorH
Sorry to throw a spanner in the works but I did...and I really considered my application strong enough to get at least an interview but I haven't heard anything yet either!

And didn't put mine in and have an interview.
Reply 382
Original post by fjs96
I didn't get an email saying they got my application either. They'll have more interview dates to come so you'll hear back sooner rather that later :smile:.

That's a relief to hear. Thanks! :')
Original post by staple321
Does anyone know how they give out interviews? Really starting to panic now :/

By email :tongue:
Reply 384
Original post by TattyBoJangles
By email :tongue:

I meant like how they choose the order :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 385
Original post by staple321
I meant like how they choose the order :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

They give all the applicants a score based on their grades, ukcat, reference and PS, but each Uni give a different priority to each section. Eg Dundee may use the ukcat more than St Andrews. The top 600-700 on that score list are given an interview.
Well, I think the next interview is in Feb for St Andrew's
so I wouldn't start panicking until the end of month :L
If it helps at all I'm an English student and I got my interview invitation on Christmas Eve and it isn't until 12th February. There doesn't seem to be many more with interviews in February yet so I'm sure there are loads more to come out! I didn't put my UKCAT score on the ucas form either :smile:
Original post by lulib
When is it? What's your ukcat?

Posted from TSR Mobile

February 12th :smile: And 762.5 :smile:
Reply 389
Original post by bubblygummy
February 12th :smile: And 762.5 :smile:

Thank you and congratulations for your interview

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can anybody who has already had an interview please tell me how long it usually lasts? Is it just the one interview or are there different stations? Any information would be much appreciated!
Original post by Roadrunner96
Can anybody who has already had an interview please tell me how long it usually lasts? Is it just the one interview or are there different stations? Any information would be much appreciated!

Just one interview :smile: You are shown your room and you wander in. I had two interviewers and the whole thing was about fifteen minutes :smile:
Got my interview offer last night :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 393
Original post by Blobblecats

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations! When is it? What's your ukcat?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 394
Original post by TattyBoJangles
xx

I saw you posting about how there is a Barts pathway and that you were on it. I was wondering if a Scottish candidate would have to pay the £9000 tution fees for those three years if they went on that pathway? They applied to St Andrews and wouldn't pay fees for the first three but I'm not too sure about the next 3 in Barts. :s-smilie: It would be awesome if we didn't :colone:
Original post by -Neuro-
I saw you posting about how there is a Barts pathway and that you were on it. I was wondering if a Scottish candidate would have to pay the £9000 tution fees for those three years if they went on that pathway? They applied to St Andrews and wouldn't pay fees for the first three but I'm not too sure about the next 3 in Barts. :s-smilie: It would be awesome if we didn't :colone:

Not a clue, sorry - I'm not Scottish! I would imagine so - is there any info on the website about paying fees if you choose the Manchester route? It'd be the same as that.
Although, as far as I'm aware, the Barts route is aimed at RUK applicants.

Edit: If you chose to apply straight to an English med school, would you have to pay the £9000 tuition fees? If so, you'd have to pay if you were to go to Barts / Manchester / wherever for clinicals.
(edited 10 years ago)
This may sound silly but are they still doing the Bart's route I couldn't find any info on the website nor on ucas
Reply 397

I got mine last night too! Congratulations! :smile:)
Original post by lulib
Congratulations! When is it? What's your ukcat?

Posted from TSR Mobile

March 5th, I think 827.5 was my average :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 399
March 5th, I think 827.5 was my average :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow, you've been notified very early. Are you an international applicant?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending