The Student Room Group

St. Andrews Medical Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by M3menTo M0r1
:frown: Really wish you the very best in your next application

Thanks, gonna miss St Andrews.
Original post by Dinosaurus_Rex
just got rejected today post interview
Devastated! this was my last uni as well. Well...officially a gap year student now
Good luck to anybody else waiting to hear back.

Best of luck for the future. Please be sure to check out the reapplicants thread if you haven't already, there's plenty of useful information and support for you there. Nail your grades then you can relax next year and watch the offers roll in :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 782
Rejected today post-interview. Gap year applicant with 4 rejections again this year.

Highers: AAAAA
AH: BBB
UKCAT: 715

Been working in an NHS hospital as a HCA this year. Gutted
Original post by Affliction
Best of luck for the future. Please be sure to check out the reapplicants thread if you haven't already, there's plenty of useful information and support for you there. Nail your grades then you can relax next year and watch the offers roll in :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you for the help! I will be contributing to the Gap years thread more often now!
Thanks for all the advice and sympathy you guys have given me, it has really helped me get through this initial period.

Will definitely reapply here next year. The community here is great!
Man I feel sorry for you guys honestly. Keep your chin up though there's lots more to come in life, you never know what can be round the corner. Don't let this stop you achieving your dreams :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sjp3912
Rejected today post-interview. Gap year applicant with 4 rejections again this year.

Highers: AAAAA
AH: BBB
UKCAT: 715

Been working in an NHS hospital as a HCA this year. Gutted

I'm heading for exact same, what are you going to do next year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 786
Original post by RebeccaNeilson
I'm heading for exact same, what are you going to do next year?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm just shocked just now, I have no idea, this is your 2nd year applying? What are your plans?
I know this is a bit desperate, but do you think St Andrews have a "waiting list" like edinburgh? I have emailed them now, but they havnt replied yet.
I don't think they do... But you never know! No harm in asking.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got an offer today!
I've been so quiet on this thread because I thought I had no chance in hell after my interview!
Manchester Route (from open application)...

I have been freaking out for the past two hours!!! :eek:
When are we able and how do we obtain feedback from our rejection, does anyone know?
I'm having this sudden onset of pessimism, like I'm already coming to terms with a final rejection....But it hasn't happened yet -.-"
I got rejected about 20 minutes ago! I have an offer from elsewhere and this wasn't my first choice so it's not so bad, but I'm pretty surprised as i thought the interview went well and i thought the rest of my application was strong! May have been my 687.5 UKCAT, not so sure!
Original post by kierandoran
I got rejected about 20 minutes ago! I have an offer from elsewhere and this wasn't my first choice so it's not so bad, but I'm pretty surprised as i thought the interview went well and i thought the rest of my application was strong! May have been my 687.5 UKCAT, not so sure!

That's amazing, where's your offer for? :smile:

I'm starting to go crazy - this is my last chance for medicine, got 3 rejections. I wish they were doing predictable batches, all rejections on one day and all offers on another.

I hate not knowing when I'm going to hear back :frown:
Original post by nodiggity
That's amazing, where's your offer for? :smile:

I'm starting to go crazy - this is my last chance for medicine, got 3 rejections. I wish they were doing predictable batches, all rejections on one day and all offers on another.

I hate not knowing when I'm going to hear back :frown:

I got an offer from Edinburgh! And with my ukcat relatively low i thought that must've meant my non-academics were pretty good to get an offer from there, not so sure anymore haha!

Where else did you apply? I got rejected from Glasgow on Monday! Yeah the batches are weird, you'll just have to wait it out. I'm sure you'll get an offer though, i believe in you! :biggrin:
Reply 795
Original post by kierandoran

Yo from the Edinbrah thread! :cool:

It really depends on the interviewers themselves IMO! :redface: I was really fortunate to get pretty nice people interviewing me, the surgeon was really quiet and asked me about 3/4 questions iirc but the other lady was so smiley and nice! It was such a relief to get someone like her considering how nervous I was that day! :colondollar: I also really enjoyed the article which I got given to read :tongue:

They asked me sooooooo much about the course, if you hadn't read into it you were pretty much done for! :s-smilie:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by -Neuro-
Yo from the Edinbrah thread! :cool:

It really depends on the interviewers themselves IMO! :redface: I was really fortunate to get pretty nice people interviewing me, the surgeon was really quiet and asked me about 3/4 questions iirc but the other lady was so smiley and nice! It was such a relief to get someone like her considering how nervous I was that day! :colondollar: I also really enjoyed the article which I got given to read :tongue:

They asked me sooooooo much about the course, if you hadn't read into it you were pretty much done for! :s-smilie:

Hey! :biggrin: what you going to firm? :smile:

Yeah i think you're probably right there... I had a surgeon too who didn't ask me much! I agree that if you didn't know your stuff about the course then that was pretty much it! They asked a lot about it
Applied for either route, and just got an offer for the Manchester route! Conditions AB in AH :smile:

If you've been accepted for the Manchester route does that mean that there is a chance of going to Barts or are people recieving offers for the Barts route?
Reply 798
Original post by giggles783
Applied for either route, and just got an offer for the Manchester route! Conditions AB in AH :smile:

If you've been accepted for the Manchester route does that mean that there is a chance of going to Barts or are people recieving offers for the Barts route?

I think Bart's has been offered to people who applied to Scottish route because it is over subscribed. At least everyone I know/ have read about with a Bart's route applied for Scottish. I wanted one offer there too but hey ho, fingers crossed there will be an opportunity to try for it in the future at St A!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Pretty disappointed I've been rejected :frown:

Stats are:

IB 43 point predicted
5 in AP Chemistry
740 UKCAT Band 2

Plus I felt my interview went really well. Oh well.. so it goes!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending