The Student Room Group

Can males work in Mango (Womens clothes shop)

Firstly, would it be weird for a male to work in Mango.
Secondly, would a company like Mango even consider hiring a male even with retail experience?
I didn't think it was common for Males to work in Female clothing stores.
Thanks
Reply 1
Well, it's not weird for girls to work in men's clothing stores :K: What kind of women clothing do we speak about? Casual clothing or lingerie? Because for lingerie would be a bit awkward to see a male advising women about underwear :hmmm:
Reply 2
Hi,

I am a male in the early 20s who's looking to work exclusively in the women's lingerie section. I have worked in retail before and have a passion for photography. I am very good with my hands and have a deep knowledge of various bra strap mechanisms from my previous "experience", enabling me to provide practical advice to female clientele.

Particularly, I am looking to work in a retail shop which caters for the 16-30 yr old age group rather than the "end of days" demographic.

Unfortunately I had a "misunderstanding" with the "representatives of justice" several years ago and had to live in "alternative accommodation" in a state run "compound" for 5 years. Can anyone help?- I am eager to "work" with my hands again!

:colone::colone::colone::colone::colone::colone::colone::colone::colone::colone:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Bloodbath
Hi,

I am a male in the early 20s who's looking to work exclusively in the women's lingerie section. I have worked in retail before and have a passion for photography. I am very good with my hands and have a deep knowledge of various bra strap mechanisms from my previous "experience", enabling me to provide practical advice to female clientele.

Particularly, I am looking to work in a retail shop which caters for the 16-30 yr old age group rather than the "end of days" demographic.

Unfortunately I had a "misunderstanding" with the "representatives of justice" several years ago and had to live in "alternative accommodation" in a state run "compound" for 5 years. Can anyone help?- I am eager to "work" with my hands again!

:colone::colone::colone::colone::colone::colone::colone::colone::colone::colone:

Yeah you flogged that one joke a bit too much. 2/10
Original post by drfcmatt
Secondly, would a company like Mango even consider hiring a male even with retail experience?
Thanks

Men can work in women's clothes shops even with lingerie, I know men who have worked in Ann Summers and Lipsy. It's not very common though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks

No it wouldn't be weird.I've seen men work in Jane Norman and the Miss Selfridges department in Selfridges. And considering Mango is upper end, with retail experience its much likely they'd consider hiring you :smile:
Thanks

Yeh just saw a male security guard in Mango the other day! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending