The Student Room Group

Lost ALL motivation

yeah I know everyone feels this way at the moment, so why am I bothereing. Anyway, I'll go on. I've been revising since easter, only had my first exam yesterday and suddenly I've lost all motivation to do well. I've felt like this for the past week or so and I'm getting really worried about my state of mind. I've been feeling down, so I had a day off friday. Everytime I sit down to start revising, I immediately feel frustrated, depressed, panic whatever. What can I do? I've got 2 exams friday, the two most important exams and everything seems to have been washed out of my mind :confused:

What can I do to get back on track? :frown:
Reply 1
i know how you feel, i feel exactly the same except i only have 3 exams left to go out of 18 so i'm on the final stretch.
i don't know whether this will help, but remember that your exam grades will be with you forever, whereas the exams will be over. no matter how down you feel at the moment, its not going to last forever. if you put your all in now you'll be happy with your results and you can enjoy the summer once they are done.
other than that, when you are revising, try and vary the methods you use- eg read through hand written notes, then revision guides, then see if you can find any websites with notes on just to break the monotony of reading the same thing over and over again.
hope this helps and good luck with the rest of your exams!
nooooo! dont put pressure on yourself... thats probably what made you want to avoid reviision in the first place.

tell yourself that you want to do revison not that you have to.
take regular breaks and just remember that youve worked hard so far so you should be fine, but any extra revision will be woth it. it would be a shame to give up now after working hard for months.
Reply 3
i must be the worst person at giving advice ever if it was that bad a thing to say!but that's what i would do so that's all i can advise someone else to do!
no it wasnt bad advice at all, the stuff about trying new techniques is probably realy helpfull.. im not sure if mine is any better, but it works for me.
Thanks both of you for your advice :smile: OK so here's the plan, I'm going tomorrow morning for the exams, having the rest of the night off. And after my exam tomorrow, I promise to work hard! *brownie promise*
I'm feeling exactly the same way, except for the revising since Easter part :p: I had my first exam yesterday too, I also have my next exam on Friday but I just can't seem to motivate myself to revise for it. It's like I've done 1 exam and now I've had enough, even though I still have another 7 to do! In my case, I'm not going to school on Thursday because I have no lessons and I also have a free on Friday morning, so I'm planning to use that time wisely to cram for sociology on Friday afternoon. I guess you just need to do something similar; enjoy the time you give yourself to relax, but then gradually ease yourself back into the revision routine.
Reply 7
At the end of the day, if you feel pressured when revising, that revision is not going to be effective. As has previously been said, just tell yourself you are working hard, deserve to do well and that every bit of revision you manage will be worth it. If you need a day off, have one. It will be more beneficial in the long term.
All my exams are over now and have been for a week..and surprisingly I'm actually feeling motivated and am looking forward to starting A2s. Weird.

Latest

Trending

Trending