The Student Room Group

GCSEs good enough for Kings/ UCL/ LSE/ Warwick/ Manchester?

A* in Geography, Maths, English Language, Additional Science
A in History, Core science, English Literature
D in French

4A*s, 3 As and a D

Provided I get either A*AA or AAA at A levels studying Biology, Maths, English Literature and History (and an A in the Extended project qualification) and personal statements and interview go fine would I still have a decent chance of getting into UCL, Kings, Manchester, Warwick or LSE to study philosophy. I am considering taking:
http://www.ucl.ac.uk/prospective-students/widening-participation/teachers/post-16/activities/lang-summer
next summer in order to try and make up for the D in French.
Reply 1
GCSE's are only really needed for courses in Medicine mate, besides that it all comes down to your A levels and PS etc. :smile: All the best! :smile:
UCL might get a bit funny as they expect a C in a GCSE MFL but other than that it's absolutely fine

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Origami Bullets
UCL might get a bit funny as they expect a C in a GCSE MFL but other than that it's absolutely fine

Posted from TSR Mobile

But would it would prevent them from offering a place for Philosophy to me?
Original post by Dave97
But would it would prevent them from offering a place for Philosophy to me?

I'd suggest emailing the admissions tutors, who will be able to give a definitive answer

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
1A*
2A
4B
1C
1F

Got offers from UCL, Warwick, Kings and Manchester. I didn't apply for philosophy though. I really wouldn't worry if I was you.
Reply 6
Original post by Nitrogen
1A*
2A
4B
1C
1F

Got offers from UCL, Warwick, Kings and Manchester. I didn't apply for philosophy though. I really wouldn't worry if I was you.

What did you do for A levels and which one did you choose? Thanks
Reply 7
Original post by Nitrogen
1A*
2A
4B
1C
1F

What did you get in alevels?
Reply 8
Original post by Dave97
What did you do for A levels and which one did you choose? Thanks

I did chem, maths and econ. I applied for chem. I didnt get in though because I didn't meet my offer. I got AAC when I needed AAB.

Quick Reply

Latest