The Student Room Group
School of Oriental and African Studies
London

SOAS Applicants Thread 2014

Scroll to see replies

Course: Development Studies and Law (A*AA), Development Studies and International Relations (AAA)
AS grades: ABBC
Predictions: AAA
Other choices: (ALL) International Development - King's (AAB), Sussex (AAB), Leeds (ABB)
Offer: TBA
School of Oriental and African Studies
London
Reply 41
I got the acknowledgement email the other day, but I'm guessing by how long that took and their FAQ answer to "how long before I hear back" basically being "before the deadline", that I'm not going to find out till March.
Reply 42
Original post by farah95
damn are they really that slow? I sent my application off at the start of this week and i've gotten acknowledgments from all of my other choices except SOAS.

I sent mine off on the 15th of October and gotten an acknowledgement email from all of them except SOAS who only sent me an acknowledgement letter a month later, doubt we will be hearing from them anytime soon

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Blargh1
I got the acknowledgement email the other day, but I'm guessing by how long that took and their FAQ answer to "how long before I hear back" basically being "before the deadline", that I'm not going to find out till March.

Original post by farah95
damn are they really that slow?

Nahh I heard back in December when I applied last year :smile:
Reply 44
I got a conditional offer one/two weeks ago. Anybody else? :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 45
Original post by monikamgm

What for and when did you apply? I applied on the 8th October and I still haven't received a confirmation :s-smilie:
Reply 46
For BSc Economics, I've applied around 15th October. I think that time of receiving an offer is really random, so good luck!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 47
I'm an EU student so it's different, but it's the same as listed in the requirements for my country.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 48
I'm applying for the Study of Religion
Entry Requirements: ABB
AS Grades - Philosophy - B (4 marks off an A)
English Literature - C
Maths - D (one mark off a C and I'm resitting C1)

Predicted - not completely sure yet but ABC or BBC :/

Anybody willing to have a look at my personal statement as I've heard SOAS pay a lot of attention to the PS. Also, how competitive do you guys think the Study of Religion course is? And how lenient are they actually? I REALLY want to get in :'(
Reply 49
Original post by monikamgm

What course? And what are the offers?
Reply 50
I'm also applying for study of religions. i sent of my UCAS early November i've got 3 offers already but still haven't heard back from SOAS, just got an acknowledgement letter. i have 2 friends that already go and they say the admin team is all over the place, so i guess that explains things. my friend didn't get a reply until march.
Reply 51
Original post by BenazirR
I'm applying for the Study of Religion
Entry Requirements: ABB
AS Grades - Philosophy - B (4 marks off an A)
English Literature - C
Maths - D (one mark off a C and I'm resitting C1)

Predicted - not completely sure yet but ABC or BBC :/

Anybody willing to have a look at my personal statement as I've heard SOAS pay a lot of attention to the PS. Also, how competitive do you guys think the Study of Religion course is? And how lenient are they actually? I REALLY want to get in :'(

It's not their most competitive course, the ratio is 4.1.
Reply 52
Original post by HH18
I'm also applying for study of religions. i sent of my UCAS early November i've got 3 offers already but still haven't heard back from SOAS, just got an acknowledgement letter. i have 2 friends that already go and they say the admin team is all over the place, so i guess that explains things. my friend didn't get a reply until march.

What did you get at AS? And what are your predicted grades? And where else have you applied?
Reply 53
Course: Study of religions & Politics
AS grades: BBBC
Entry requirements: ABB
Predictions: A*AA
Other choices: QMUL,Goldsmiths,Reading and Westminster
Offers: QMUL,Reading and Westminster
Reply 54
Anyone received their confirmation email yet? Sent mine off last week and still haven't received it, =/...
Reply 55
Original post by lilyobz
Anyone received their confirmation email yet? Sent mine off last week and still haven't received it, =/...

Yeah - I have, it took them a couple of days though... And it didn't tell me much.
Reply 56
still haven't received mine still arrrggh....
Reply 57
Original post by lilyobz

Hahaha I sent mine off at the beginning of October and I still haven't received it!
Course: Turkish, and Turkish and Arabic
Entry requirements: AAB
A levels (I'll be 20 when I start so I already have my grades) :A*A*A*
Other choices: Edinburgh for Middle Eastern Studies, and Arabic. UCL for Serbian, Croatian and East European Studies (a bit different, I know!)
No offers yet - my UCAS was only sent off today :smile:

Anyone else doing Turkish or Arabic?
Hey new to this thread but been following closley! Anyone else applying for the awesome History and ... or any other history ESC subjects ? Just got me offer today though there doesn't seem to be trends with SOAS ! cheers

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending