The Student Room Group

Meteorology Applicants 2014?

Just wondering if anyone is applying for any meteorology courses or similar next year and if so where to? :smile:
OMG ME!!! I'm really hoping togo to leeds but not sure if ill get the grades:confused:
Reply 2
I am applying for meteorology
Original post by airabree
Just wondering if anyone is applying for any meteorology courses or similar next year and if so where to? :smile:
Reply 3
I'm applying to Reading and Edinburgh! :biggrin:
Reply 4
Original post by Scout17
I'm applying to Reading and Edinburgh! :biggrin:

I applied to reading as well!! But I applied for maths and meteorology have you sent your ucas yet?
Reply 5
I applied to reading as well!! But I applied for maths and meteorology have you sent your ucas yet?

Yes I've sent off my application! I've got an interview on the 7th Feb for Reading (Meteorology and Climate Science Year in Oklahoma) and I have an offer from Edinburgh (Geophysics and Meteorology) with entry ABB, A in Maths. :biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by Scout17
Yes I've sent off my application! I've got an interview on the 7th Feb for Reading (Meteorology and Climate Science Year in Oklahoma) and I have an offer from Edinburgh (Geophysics and Meteorology) with entry ABB, A in Maths. :biggrin:

Well done!! I got an offer for reading and an interview for leeds!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ive applied for Reading, Edinburgh, East Anglia, Leeds and Liverpool.
Got offers from Edinburgh, Leeds and Liverpool, went for an interview at Leeds and very informal.
Got interviews from East Anglia and Reading but been told that the Reading interview is rather difficult...
Your Edinburgh offer is so low!! So lucky!
Reply 9
Original post by lottie_wright
Your Edinburgh offer is so low!! So lucky!

I know, I was amazed!!! What's your offer?
Reply 10
Got offers from Edinburgh, Leeds and Liverpool, went for an interview at Leeds and very informal.
Got interviews from East Anglia and Reading but been told that the Reading interview is rather difficult...

What was your offer from Liverpool and leeds? And what sort of things did they ask you in your leeds interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Scout17
I know, I was amazed!!! What's your offer?

3 A's, how come yours was so low?
What was your offer from Liverpool and leeds? And what sort of things did they ask you in your leeds interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ABB from Liverpool and A*AA for Leeds, the interview was very informal, just general questions about why you want to study Met and why you want to come to Leeds etc. It's more for them to get to know you rather than a formal interview.
Reply 13
ABB from Liverpool and A*AA for Leeds, the interview was very informal, just general questions about why you want to study Met and why you want to come to Leeds etc. It's more for them to get to know you rather than a formal interview.

Ahh okay good, do you know where your first choice will be?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ahh okay good, do you know where your first choice will be?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Reading i think if i get onto the MMet degree
Reply 15

Mmmmmmmmm have you been told anything else about the Reading interview, or just that it's difficult? I suppose with only 10 places, it would be!
Original post by Scout17
Mmmmmmmmm have you been told anything else about the Reading interview, or just that it's difficult? I suppose with only 10 places, it would be!

They ask you some maths apparently but thats what someone who had it 2 years ago said, have you applied/got an interview?
Reply 17
They ask you some maths apparently but thats what someone who had it 2 years ago said, have you applied/got an interview?

Yeah I've applied, and got an interview! I'm not sure whether it'd be my first choice or not... I'm very split between Earth Science and Meteorology... Mmmmmmm time to think!
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending