The Student Room Group

Don't know anyone at a party...

I've been invited to this house party next weekend, but I'll only know about two people there.... What should I do?

I mean, I wouldn't be afraid to just jump into conversations and stuff, but I wouldn't want to seem rude as chances are, they wouldn't know me. How would I actually go about getting involved with stuff, and not seem like a weird nobody?

Also, there's only going to be a few other guys there my age, and probably 90% of everyone going are girls.

So yeah, any advice on what to do/ how to approach people I don't know, would be appreciated!

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's a house party so everyone will be pissed. They'll either punch you or treat you like you've known them all their life

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Let's just hope it's the latter :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
I went to a lot of parties where I new like only 1 person, because my friends from college each invited me to parties of their friends etc, just go and if feeling edgy, just drink aload to get drunk, and you'll be fine
I wish I had those experiences at house parties...people being so pissed they think they've known you since school!

My mates send me to house parties with that expectation and all I get are ppl so busy interested in getting some halfway thru the nite with this chick they spent half the nite ignoring that I end up sitting and chatting about the most boring of topics with a totally pissed dude who is even more boring drunk than usual :facepalm: !

Just get to know ppl your mates know and take it from there :yy:...also really helps if your outgoing :ninja:!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah I think it's normal, I've never really been to one of these big parties where I knew many people. Just drink and semi-lurk. Most people will be too pissed to realise anyway

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending