The Student Room Group

Bus Drivers..

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by PythianLegume
Indeed, and from that, you sound a bit annoying, calling this guy a dickhead and telling him to **** off for doing his job properly. I sympathise with you, but this is not the bus drivers fault.

Like I said, I was in a bad mood. He was actually fuelling an argument which made obviously made matters worse. How comes other drivers let me on and not this one. May I also point out that I am also ranting/venting my views, so yes I probably seem like a dickhead come tomorrow I would probably regret what I post. But w.e I really don't care what some other person online thinks. (sorry)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 21
I agree that most bus drivers a D***S, they don't seem to want to stop for any pedestrians, most of the time they don't slow down if they see anyone on the road :angry:
Reply 22
Original post by SFeet
I agree that most bus drivers a D***S, they don't seem to want to stop for any pedestrians, most of the time they don't slow down if they see anyone on the road :angry:

Exactly. This represents the majority. But some drivers are lovely.
Tbh I think it's just their dull job that puts them in a bad mood, how annoying would it be to drive a lsrge slow vehicle and stopping every 10metres! Ha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Bus drivers are the reason I get to school on time every morning. Be patient. You'll get your 16+ Oyster Card soon enough. Use your old one for now.
Reply 24
Original post by ismailjan3
Bus drivers are the reason I get to school on time every morning. Be patient. You'll get your 16+ Oyster Card soon enough. Use your old one for now.

My old one expired 30th September 2013.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I do agree that some are awkward on purpose. The amount of times I've gotten charged 80p when I'm entitled to a 70p fare and have the correct card in my hand is actually ridiculous. Also, one drove past me today when I was walking to the bus stop and purposely went through the huge puddle and soaked me from the waist down. Sometimes things they say/do are so unnecessary.
Reply 26
Original post by chickenman
bus drivers are ****ers. My 16+ oyster card is meant to have come by now but it didn't. Im in school, im eligble to have free travel. How can they not let me on? Whats the difference between having a card that allows you to go on for free and a person who is allowed for free but hasn't got their card yet. How can they do this? What do they expect from school children who are waiting for their new oyster card. pissed off.
Posted from TSR Mobile

I had the oyster form showing that I have paid and that I am eligble. I was also in school gear. I had my passport on me and my provisional license. I think that's more than enough.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by SheriB
I completely understand that happened to me yesterday I was so pissed off when I waved the first half of the form with a my receipt attached showing it had been posted since the 9th of September and it was TFL's fault that I was yet to receive it, the bus driver shook his head asked me to pay or get off I was so annoyed. Today I had to walk to school and back..again!:mad:

Sorry, it clearly says on the form that showing it won't get you free travel :rolleyes:. And it says in the Terms and Conditions that you will have to pay normal fares if it doesn't turn up in time.

Original post by RibenaRockstar
16-18 year olds in the rest of the country don't get free bus travel... check your privilege :tongue:

Indeed :biggrin: Well mine finished a couple of days ago and that means paying the normal adult fares (at uni and about to turn 19). And if anyone thinks £1.40 is a lot, look at what other people in the country have to pay for similar distances :yep:

Original post by ReallyBadAdvice
Next time that happens you should stand your ground. Refuse to get off until he lets you travel for free. You just need to assert your dominance.

And disrupt the journeys of all the other passengers on the bus? :rolleyes:
Reply 27
Original post by lauraaaaa
I do agree that some are awkward on purpose. The amount of times I've gotten charged 80p when I'm entitled to a 70p fare and have the correct card in my hand is actually ridiculous. Also, one drove past me today when I was walking to the bus stop and purposely went through the huge puddle and soaked me from the waist down. Sometimes things they say/do are so unnecessary.

That is so true. I've been blanked many times too.

Again I think it's just down to their boring job that makes them so bitter.

Posted from TSR Mobile
That is so true. I've been blanked many times too.

Again I think it's just down to their boring job that makes them so bitter.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful for the service and my bus is really reliable and quick etc but making me pay 80p when I clearly have the correct pass really pisses me off. I know it's only 10p but it adds up over time! I guess I don't really have the balls to stand and argue for too long.
Reply 29
Same thing happened to me today, I showed them my form, old oyster card and all, sons of b****es made me pay at the end...:rolleyes:
Reply 30
Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful for the service and my bus is really reliable and quick etc but making me pay 80p when I clearly have the correct pass really pisses me off. I know it's only 10p but it adds up over time! I guess I don't really have the balls to stand and argue for too long.

It must be very annoying to overpay constantly. I think you should stand up to them haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 31
Original post by Ndella
Same thing happened to me today, I showed them my form, old oyster card and all, sons of b****es made me pay at the end...:rolleyes:

You gave in and paid! :frown: haha all oyster cards 11-15 for current 16 year olds have expired 30th of last month and we are all renweing it so honestly I really think they should give some leeway

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 32
You gave in and paid! :frown: haha all oyster cards 11-15 for current 16 year olds have expired 30th of last month and we are all renweing it so honestly I really think they should give some leeway

Posted from TSR Mobile

I use the 16+ one since I'm in year 13, it also expired on the 30th. I probably would have asked them again and again but the other people on the bus looked pissed off with me lol. Yeah they really should give leeway. This happens every year with school students so it should just be one of those things to get away with for once :mad:
Reply 33
Original post by Ndella
I use the 16+ one since I'm in year 13, it also expired on the 30th. I probably would have asked them again and again but the other people on the bus looked pissed off with me lol. Yeah they really should give leeway. This happens every year with school students so it should just be one of those things to get away with for once :mad:

Precisely.

Posted from TSR Mobile
At least you get free travel. Where I am, a 15 minute journey is anything up to £1.70.
Original post by OU Student
At least you get free travel. Where I am, a 15 minute journey is anything up to £1.70.

It can be £2.10 here on the tram so count yourself lucky unall.

That's ridiculous. Once paid £1.95 for a 25 minute journey. Dread to think what that would be now.
Reply 37

Original post by OU Student
That's ridiculous. Once paid £1.95 for a 25 minute journey. Dread to think what that would be now.

Not far from where I live a journey of around 30 minutes (Heathrow-Slough) costs £4.60!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 38
Ever thought about blaming the post office or whoever you got it from, not the bus drivers who are just following rules.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 39
Original post by kumori
Ever thought about blaming the post office or whoever you got it from, not the bus drivers who are just following rules.

Posted from TSR Mobile

They should be understanding

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending