The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
northern_lass
please dont hate me coz im in halls!!

Aha, nope I think I'm just a bit bitter, having gone throught the *stressful* experience of being a first year outside halls...without that security that there are Hundreds of people around you in the same position.

Raaaar I need to shut up - but yes Mary B is excellent isn't it..But its another house next year for me wooo!!

If anyone needs a 7 bedroom house in camden for next year - you can have mine!! - (HAHA - free advertising space!!)

Good luck in your orals next week by the way!
northern_lass
yay! a college grover!! any ideas which flat yet?

nope, none at all... they said they'd get back to me soon! :smile:
Ooh..I can now write on this thread, having just got an offer through from RVC! Would I be right in saying that there is unlikely to be any kind of hall type accomodation left by now?

And if that is the case, is anyone looking to share a flat / house? I live in North-West Kent at the moment, but I don't think I could face the commute every day!

I don't really know what's going on at the moment, as I am in Orkney clipping sheep. I only know I have an offer at all because someone at home opened the letter for me and rung me to say...
Reply 23
Your.Angel Congrats with your offer!! Did you do IB as your offer was unconditional? Good luck with finding a room:wink:

@ Arwen, sorry but I only need one room:P if I'll go to RVC next year..
Yeti-Boy
Your.Angel Congrats with your offer!! Did you do IB as your offer was unconditional? Good luck with finding a room:wink:

It's an unconditional offer because I already have a degree. I also just got home this morning and read the letter for myself, and found it's an offer for the accelerated course. Bonus!

Guess I'd better start thinking properly about finding accomodation now, as the thought of commuting is not good!
Hey, just to say that I'm in 1C at College Grove....anyone else out there the same?
and this year's students... what's the place like? :smile:
helen x
kol
If your a warden at mary brancker. you get a swish studio flat for like 70 quid a week!Thats wat a couple of my mates did who were on graduate entry last year.Ideal if your especially skint if uve already done1 degree.Col

Interesting... Might have to look into that - although perhaps it is too late already now..?
kol
na don't think it's too late.Col

Or perhaps, seeing as there are already about 5 of us with no halls at the moment, we should move en masse into Arwen's house :p:
Hel' in Heaven
Hey, just to say that I'm in 1C at College Grove....anyone else out there the same?
and this year's students... what's the place like? :smile:
helen x

oo, flat 1s the strange one!! hehe! your in end block by the cows, and its the disabled flat, so all the kitchen stuff is lower then the others. iv got a couple of friends who lived in flat 1 this year so i think theyl have kept it nice and clean for you!!

i think c is the same in flat 1 as all the other flats, so your next to the kitchen (good if youve got a quiet flat, not so good if youv not!) and your on the ground floor with your window facing a wall (most of them are so dont worry about that!) but you can see the cows and ponies from your window which is nicer then mine was!
Reply 29
your.angel
Or perhaps, seeing as there are already about 5 of us with no halls at the moment, we should move en masse into Arwen's house :p:

thats actually quite a good idea.
arwen, what were the details on your house btw? is it in camden or somewhere else?

harriet
northern_lass
oo, flat 1s the strange one!! hehe!

oook thanks for the info... not too sure my back will like the fact that everything is low in the kitchen, seeing as i'm quite tall :eek: but I like the idea of the nice view!
ok then, 1C here I come!
:smile:
its not that much smaller, think theres one lower sink and one normal one, and the ovens n stuff are the same, the kitchen is just a bit of a different layout, so your the unique flat! im going to miss college grove! i loved flat 5, even the noisy flat mates! its a lovely place to live and im very jealous :smile:
Reply 32
Yep - its literally just outside the camden town tube station.

the letting agent is Saffron...so yeah - the house is ace!!
Reply 33
are there any more details you can give us, all we know is that it has 7 bedrooms. and does its location mean that it is noisy at night?

harriet
I now know of 2 more people who want a house in the area too, so this 7 bed house is looking better and better. Although I might need to hear some more details too before I say that, like *coughs* rent...

I would imagine that it's not very quite near Camden tube station (but where in London is?). Just think of the shopping though. :smile: If I say scary trouser shop, does that mean anything to anyone?

Batty_hatty - if you're looking for people to live with pm me. I've been in contact with a couple of people in a similar position, and we're thinking about meeting up sometime soon to try and sort something out.

Same goes for anyone else of course.
Reply 35
hey people, results on thursday (i think....) anyone nervous?
yeh im a tad nervous..... im off to mary brancker, altho i really wanted to go to college grove, but i went to check it out and it looked rather amazing and nice and new, and seeing as the majority of first years are based there it seems better! :biggrin: and keeps you fit if you walk/cycle/skate to college! hehe

alex :suitc: :suitd:
Kill Rock 'n' Roll
yeh im a tad nervous..... im off to mary brancker, altho i really wanted to go to college grove, but i went to check it out and it looked rather amazing and nice and new, and seeing as the majority of first years are based there it seems better! :biggrin: and keeps you fit if you walk/cycle/skate to college! hehe

alex :suitc: :suitd:

plus im going to be there! what more can you want!!
:proud:
Reply 38
Ok - anyone who hasn't got halls...

My advice...

Get together NOW and find a house!!!

Rent is expensive -range from aboot £100 - £130 - so eep!!
Reply 39
i know that your angel has already posted a message to this effect but she is away for a bit, of all those who havent got halls and are interested in getting a house together please pm one or both of us so that we can try and find a house as soon as possible

harriet

*edited for spelling*

Latest

Trending

Trending