The Student Room Group

KPMG Audit School Leavers' 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 360
Anyone know if you can use a friend or family member as a referee?
Been waiting 3 weeks for an interview date in London?!
Original post by Envee
Anyone know if you can use a friend or family member as a referee?

I used a family member for one of them - and they didn't say anything
Reply 363
Original post by h_1411
I used a family member for one of them - and they didn't say anything

Really? And you got an interview? :O I just emailed them and they said that they won't accept family/ friends :frown:
Reply 364
Anyone had a first round interview? What were the questions asked?
Am I right in presuming we'd have to find our own accommodation during the work placements at our office? It says university accommodation is paid but doesn't mention anything about when you're on a placement

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 366
Original post by Max9708
Am I right in presuming we'd have to find our own accommodation during the work placements at our office? It says university accommodation is paid but doesn't mention anything about when you're on a placement

Posted from TSR Mobile

No you have to find your own
Original post by Ejay55
No you have to find your own

Daaaaaaaamn. Money money money

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 368
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE can someone who got an interview tell me what they got in the maths test, i freaked and only manage to answer 7, i'm so upset :frown:
Original post by eposak
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE can someone who got an interview tell me what they got in the maths test, i freaked and only manage to answer 7, i'm so upset :frown:

I only managed to answer 9 I think and put guesses for the rest (wasn't expecting such intense time pressure). Either everybody find it hard, so don't worry, or my guesses were all correct (HIGHLY unlikely). I wouldn't get too wound up about it, I've got an interview soon approaching for the Liverpool office.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 370
Original post by Max9708
I only managed to answer 9 I think and put guesses for the rest (wasn't expecting such intense time pressure). Either everybody find it hard, so don't worry, or my guesses were all correct (HIGHLY unlikely). I wouldn't get too wound up about it, I've got an interview soon approaching for the Liverpool office.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you, I guess I'll find out in the next few days, good luck with yur interview
Original post by eposak
Thank you, I guess I'll find out in the next few days, good luck with yur interview

I got an email after sending off my reference that they were not going to pursue my application any further. 3 days later it had been sent to Durham, 7 days later they offered me an interview (weird hey!) so don't get disheartened if you get initially rejected, I think they must have had to reevaluate the performance they expected from the tests.

Cheers! I'm verrrry nervous

Posted from TSR Mobile
is there anywhere I can practice the Situational Judgement Test?
Original post by Zuki
is there anywhere I can practice the Situational Judgement Test?

Try to find some from Cubicks which is their official provider. The STJ is actually very straightforward, just make sure you listen and read really carefully and you will be able to get through it. the ones provided on the internet are actually much harder than the real ones. Best of luck.
Original post by pezza44
I've got an offer!!!!

Congrats. which office and uni? Have they explained to you how the accomodation?
Reply 375
Original post by Max9708
Daaaaaaaamn. Money money money

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think a large part of the reason why they let us pick the office we work for is that we can choose to live in a place that would be most convenient for us! Personally, I've chosen the one closest to home so at least for the first year or two I can live at home :smile:
Plus, they'll be paying you a salary and all of your uni fees?! Compare that to your friends who are going to be £50k+ in debt by the end of their education.... Can't really complain!
Reply 376
Original post by LolaClark
Congrats. which office and uni? Have they explained to you how the accomodation?

I'm at Canary Wharf and Durham. The accomodation is paid for by KPMG whilst studying at university, but you have to sort out your own whilst working. I'm in a similar situation to the others where I'm a commutable distance from the office so I can stay at home for the first couple of years. KPMG have 22 offices all around the country so I imagine there will be one near to most people
Original post by Envee
Really? And you got an interview? :O I just emailed them and they said that they won't accept family/ friends :frown:

Yeah i just booked my first interview today. Oh whoops! Lol - they didnt say anything to me
Original post by pezza44
I've got an offer!!!!

Congrats! do you have any advice for the first interview?
Original post by aaronrimmer
Applied for Liverpool Office and Durham University and got my interview on November 26th, I am so nervous.. Anybody have any advice? :smile:

How did it go mate?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending