The Student Room Group

Am I a bad Muslim?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by lubsjk
The Quran only says that you shouldn't pray whilst you're intoxicated, so...

no it doesn't; it says "indeed alcohol(intoxicants).... are among the handyworks of satan, so abstain from it so that you may be successful".
Original post by Annoying-Mouse
What do you mean morally? You're a Muslim, your morals are supposed to be Islam-based.

Anyway, you're not necessarily a bad Muslim as long as you repented. If you didn't repent then yes you're still a bad Muslim but you can become a good Muslim by repenting, it's not permanent. You should try lowering your gaze, start dressing more religiously( I doubt your partying in a abaya) and hang around with more religious Muslims (i.e. positive influence).

Good advice akhi
Please keep the replies sensible please, any insults or unhelpful posts will get removed, thanks :smile:
Reply 43
Original post by Anonymous
It's not trolling. I'm just have this huge conflict with what the religion says and wanting to go out and have fun. I really don't know what to do!

Maybe get a group of friends who are very social, but don't drink?
It does meet your expectations of going out to eat, go cinema, paintballing,etc but they don't drink
Reply 44
Original post by Loiks94
At this point in time you're no longer a Muslim until your God forgives you.

Who are you to declare someone a non-Muslim? Who gave you this authority?
Reply 45
Original post by qasidb
Who are you to declare someone a non-Muslim? Who gave you this authority?

Only you can decide if you are a Muslim. You do this by following the guidelines set out by Allah in the Quran, if you don't follow them how can you be a muslim? It's simple logic
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 46
Original post by hemalgangani
Assuming you're a Muslim. I'm sure it's against your religion to use derogatory terms against women, such as, "slut". Secondly, I thought Islam was about spreading love, yet you are sending such a hurtful comment. Surely, Islam has taught you to forgive others for their mistakes? But seriously, that comment was unjustified.

oh im sorry
Reply 47
Original post by Annoying-Mouse
What do you mean morally? You're a Muslim, your morals are supposed to be Islam-based.

Anyway, you're not necessarily a bad Muslim as long as you repented. If you didn't repent then yes you're still a bad Muslim but you can become a good Muslim by repenting, it's not permanent. You should try lowering your gaze, start dressing more religiously( I doubt your partying in a abaya) and hang around with more religious Muslims (i.e. positive influence).

aren't you an 'exmuslim' or something; sorry if im mistaken
Original post by g4adaffi
aren't you an 'exmuslim' or something; sorry if im mistaken

Yeah.
Reply 49
Ignore everyone.

We are nobody to judge you. That job is left for Allah.
It's not trolling. I'm just have this huge conflict with what the religion says and wanting to go out and have fun. I really don't know what to do!

Have you thought about taking up another hobby/joining another society to allow you to have some more fun without conflicting with your religion? Fill the gap with something else!
Do you believe Islam prohibits alcohol?
Reply 52
Original post by The Angry Stoic
Do you believe Islam prohibits alcohol?

Yes, why?
All sins can be forgiven with repentance, remember life is a test.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I dont believe in religion :smile: do wat u think is right for you and which will help you.. Ignore the bad things

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Truefaith

Hadith says that if you consume alcohol your prayers are not accepted for 40 days.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 56
"I'm sorry for having fun"

That's all ur says to me, OP.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 57
religion and its constraints....
Since starting Uni there has been a lot of temptation and I've drunk and gone out partying. Obviously this conflicts with what Islam teaches so I was wondering if this makes me a bad Muslim or person?

maybe a 'bad' muslim, but im sure still a decent person, which is all that matters
Original post by Kutta
Ignore everyone.

We are nobody to judge you. That job is left for Allah.

So he/she should ignore the genuine advice that is being given by others? And no-ones judging, so far the advice given is sincere, I hope the OP takes it into account.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending