The Student Room Group

Requested a change of course after receiving an offer, how long to wait for response?

I emailed a Uni yesterday regarding changing my course after they had already made an offer for a very similar course I had initially applied to, just wondering now how long to wait until I should phone/ or email again to follow it up if they don't respond in the mean time?
Wait at least 2 weeks before contacting the Uni.
These things take time.
Original post by returnmigrant
Wait at least 2 weeks before contacting the Uni.
These things take time.

OK thanks for the advice, do you think I could expect some form of acknowledgement that they have received my request before then?
Hard to say. If you emailed the main Admissions Office then thet will have been forwarded to the relevant person, and they may not acknowledge the email, just reply with an offer.

There is no great urgency on this - they arent going to suddenly 'run out of offers' for the other course.
Admissions offices can be very busy at this time of year, and unless they have an automated acknowledgement service, they may simply not have the time to send out acknowledgements to everyone. I know it would be good practice as it will obviously take them a while to reconsider your application, but in this case no news is probably good news to an extent. They haven't just emailed back with a "no".

I agree that if you haven't heard anything in about 2-3 weeks, they probably aren't going to make a quick decision on this, and they probably should email to confirm they are considering you for the other course.

In general, if you want a direct response from someone, it is probably better to ring.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending