The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by riyavr
Yeah, I called them up. They've finished the first round of interviews :/ this sucks. Did you get an interview?

Yes for 6 yr.
Reply 41
Original post by riyavr
Oh dear, I guess there are more competitive applicants out there :s-smilie:
And Thanks! How was the IB for you?

well there is still hope coz there is a second batch of interviews going on, but I think its for the 6 year idk :/
IB was good and horrible at the same time haha I guess I learnt a lot from it :smile:
Reply 42
Original post by akinom
Yes for 6 yr.

Oh, congrats! :smile: How'd it go?
Reply 43
Original post by amirror19
well there is still hope coz there is a second batch of interviews going on, but I think its for the 6 year idk :/
IB was good and horrible at the same time haha I guess I learnt a lot from it :smile:

aha yeah I know what you mean, but finally it's coming to an end!
Reply 44
Original post by riyavr
Hi guys, I applied to RCSI for the 5 year program through the Atlantic Bridge Program. I have a predicted grade of 42 in IB so I thought that I'd get an interview but I haven't received anything from them. Has anyone gotten an interview for the 5 year program?

Hey mate you're doing great! What they mean by the first round being over is that they start selecting on basis of who applied first. Had you applied earlier, you'd have been a part of it too. The second round, in which I'll too be considered, is in early April. Am sure you'll be accepted with a grade like that, don't worry.

PS IB is SO friggin depressing for me X(
Reply 45
Original post by NalinJ
Hey mate you're doing great! What they mean by the first round being over is that they start selecting on basis of who applied first. Had you applied earlier, you'd have been a part of it too. The second round, in which I'll too be considered, is in early April. Am sure you'll be accepted with a grade like that, don't worry.

PS IB is SO friggin depressing for me X(

Aww thanks :smile: That was very encouraging :biggrin: I hope you get in!

And I know how you feel. The last two years of my life have been consumed by the IB. I can't even remember the last time I had a weekend off... so relieved that it's all coming to an end. However, exams are in 37 days! :O
Reply 46
Original post by rainbowww2312
Good luck to you! I am an rcsi student btw and I got my interview around apr and results in late may. Are you taking a level or ib?

Hi rainboww2312, if you don't mind me asking, I have my interview sometime next week...do you have any advice or do you remember some of the questions asked?

Thank you!!
Reply 47
Original post by riyavr
Aww thanks :smile: That was very encouraging :biggrin: I hope you get in!

And I know how you feel. The last two years of my life have been consumed by the IB. I can't even remember the last time I had a weekend off... so relieved that it's all coming to an end. However, exams are in 37 days! :O

I really hope I do. I've let go of UK universities for this. Being lifeless is just so sickening. I was so multi talented...once upon a time :/

what are your subjects btw?
Reply 48
Hi rainboww2312, if you don't mind me asking, I have my interview sometime next week...do you have any advice or do you remember some of the questions asked?

Thank you!!

Hey there. Just wanted to say that there is a site named studentdoctor.net in which people have discussed about their interviews at RCSI. Importantly prepare answers for why medicine, why RCSI, how will you afford and why should they choose you instead of the 40 others sitting right out the door.

Good luck with it and do share about it here XD
Reply 49
Original post by NalinJ
I really hope I do. I've let go of UK universities for this. Being lifeless is just so sickening. I was so multi talented...once upon a time :/

what are your subjects btw?

I'm taking HL Biology, HL Chemistry, HL English Lit, SL Maths, SL Economics and SL French. You?
Reply 50
Original post by NalinJ
Hey there. Just wanted to say that there is a site named studentdoctor.net in which people have discussed about their interviews at RCSI. Importantly prepare answers for why medicine, why RCSI, how will you afford and why should they choose you instead of the 40 others sitting right out the door.

Good luck with it and do share about it here XD

Thank you! :smile: I just wanna confirm if they asked any ethical questions or anything to do with euthanasia/abortion? My interview will be a video interview and i have only 60sec-90sec to answer :/
Reply 51
Original post by riyavr
I'm taking HL Biology, HL Chemistry, HL English Lit, SL Maths, SL Economics and SL French. You?

Bio HL, Chem HL, English HL, Maths SL, Business and management of ass SL, Arabic Ab, Hindi SL, 7 subjects.

What resources are you using for Bio and Chem? Bioninja is pretty useful
Reply 52
Thank you! :smile: I just wanna confirm if they asked any ethical questions or anything to do with euthanasia/abortion? My interview will be a video interview and i have only 60sec-90sec to answer :/

Daamn mate that sounds hard, the video thing. But All the very best to you. I hope you get in! I don't think they ask ethical questions. People say they usually focus on how you will afford and why you chose RCSI over others. Oh and if you see the opportunity ask them a question too about the course, apparently this would show you are interested. Where are you applying from?
Reply 53
Original post by NalinJ
Bio HL, Chem HL, English HL, Maths SL, Business and management of ass SL, Arabic Ab, Hindi SL, 7 subjects.

What resources are you using for Bio and Chem? Bioninja is pretty useful

I use bioninja and http://www.oocities.org/mcbatistuta/notes.html

but i mostly use books; Pearson's IB collection is really good. I use it alongside the Oxford Publication series as well.
Reply 54
I GOT AN INTERVIEW, ON 8th! AARGHHHHH PEOPLE DID I MENTION I GOT AN INTERVIEW?!
Reply 55
Original post by NalinJ
I GOT AN INTERVIEW, ON 8th! AARGHHHHH PEOPLE DID I MENTION I GOT AN INTERVIEW?!

CONGRATS! Good luck :biggrin:
Reply 56
Thankss mate! Didn't you hear from them yet?
Reply 57
Guys i got an offer from university college dublin for the 5 year program!!!
Reply 58
Mate congrats!! When do you start?! And what about RCSI?!
Reply 59
Did any international student get an offer from RCSI for the 5 year program?

Latest

Trending

Trending