The Student Room Group

RCSI Ireland 2014 Applicants

Hey everyone!!There are way too many threads for so many med schools yet none for RCSI Ireland, so I thought I'd make a new one!Who all are applying to RCSI Ireland and for what course? I am just about to apply for the 6 years course of Medicine there for 2014.But the fees is SO high! I have got all the information on the requirements so if anyone has doubts do go ahead and ask me and I'll try to solve.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by NalinJ
Hey everyone!!There are way too many threads for so many med schools yet none for RCSI Ireland, so I thought I'd make a new one!Who all are applying to RCSI Ireland and for what course? I am just about to apply for the 6 years course of Medicine there for 2014.But the fees is SO high! I have got all the information on the requirements so if anyone has doubts do go ahead and ask me and I'll try to solve.

Know any work around for no GCSE language? :/
Original post by NalinJ
I'm afraid I don't have much idea on that. When you say no GCSE language what do you mean?

I only speak english, they require a qualification in another language along with english :frown:
Reply 3
Oh yes they do want that. But don't lose hope, try contacting them. If you have good grades then they might consider?
What are you currently doing (as in school or gap year or else)?
Original post by NalinJ
Oh yes they do want that. But don't lose hope, try contacting them. If you have good grades then they might consider?
What are you currently doing (as in school or gap year or else)?

Maybe. I doubt it though.

I'm still in school. How about you? I see you're an international applicant, have you also applied to the UK medical schools?
Reply 5
Am doing my last year of IB. I did apply to East Anglia, Birmingham, Liverpool and Bristol for medicine. But I mostly want to go for RCSI. How about you? And where are you from?
Original post by NalinJ
Am doing my last year of IB. I did apply to East Anglia, Birmingham, Liverpool and Bristol for medicine. But I mostly want to go for RCSI. How about you? And where are you from?

Applied to Queens Belfast, Lancaster, Keele and Brighton & Sussex. I'm from ireland.
Reply 7
Isn't Gaeilge a language spoken there? And living in Bahrain I wouldn't usually recommend it but you could apply at RCSI- MUB (here). It asks for lower grade points and would gladly accept internationals.
Original post by NalinJ
Isn't Gaeilge a language spoken there? And living in Bahrain I wouldn't usually recommend it but you could apply at RCSI- MUB (here). It asks for lower grade points and would gladly accept internationals.

Yeah I don't speak it much though. Everyone just speaks English. The fees are $40000 though-that's crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Have you applied yet?
Reply 10
Original post by TheMysteryMan
Yeah I don't speak it much though. Everyone just speaks English. The fees are $40000 though-that's crazy.

I know! It asks more from internationals. The RCSI there asks for 45k euros.

Original post by DorianGrayism
Have you applied yet?

Not yet, after I re finalize my personal statement. Yourself?
Reply 11
Do you guys think by making a mistake on your personal statement they would filter you right out?
And is a 89% average good enough.
I am from Canada btw.
Reply 12
Has RSCI sent out offers?
Reply 13
Original post by angel505
Has RSCI sent out offers?

for interviews.
Reply 14
Original post by akinom
for interviews.

wait so have they started interviewing or not?
Reply 15
Original post by angel505
wait so have they started interviewing or not?

I'm not sure about in Toronto but Vancouver interviews are Marcus 7/8 (I was asked to seat an interview). If you were chosen for an interview they would of sent you an email.
Reply 16
March**
Reply 17
Original post by akinom
March**

Yeah they said they l start end of feb march I maiked then
Hey! Normally their interviews only starts in apr. Rcsi interview last year was around mid apr:smile:
Reply 19
Original post by rainbowww2312
Hey! Normally their interviews only starts in apr. Rcsi interview last year was around mid apr:smile:

I really hope it works because uk clearly dint work out x.x

Latest

Trending

Trending