The Student Room Group

Will I be able to take psychology without mathematics in my gcse a levels?

In 5 months I'm gonna take my AS examination, and I'm taking the following subjects ; economics, business studies, law, and accounting.
My weakest seems to be accounts and I expect the other subject to be an A.

Biggest regret was not trading mathematics which is soo important according to lecturers in order to study psychology, but I hope there is always another way to do psychology..

I took additional mathematics( o levels) before my a levels and would that help too?

Posted from TSR Mobile
You don't need A Level Maths to study psychology, altho it is a good subject as it counts as a science. As long as you've got C at GCSE (altho it's a B for some unis) you should be fine with the maths. However none of your subjects for AS are science based, which may limit you more
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2
I'm hoping it's still possible for me to enter with my art subjects.. Doesn't applied psychology requires art?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jakjak95
I'm hoping it's still possible for me to enter with my art subjects.. Doesn't applied psychology requires art?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You will be able to study at some universities having taken those A levels but most good unis want you to have taken a science subject.

Quick Reply

Latest