The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

MSc in General Structural Engineering at Imperial College London 2014 applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Studentdk
I'm currently doing the course. Feel free to ask questions.

Hi,
I would really appreciate your help.
I am from India and do not have a very fair idea about studies in Imperial college london.
I consider myself a very average student, though I have made it to Imperial.
I know these questions are quite relative in terms, but still I would like you to answer.

1. Is the course tough?
2. I understand the time is less for studying, but how difficult is to get decent marks in the course.
3. is there a chance of failing also?
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
1. I find it to be a tough course mainly because of the time issue.
2. It's possible to get decent grades but it takes time and dedication. Don't go down with the flu for a week because you might get behind, and there isn't much time for social events either.
3. Yes there is a risk of failing and I know people who failed one or more modules. But you get access to the past exam papers from the last three years and along with the tutorials you should be able to prepare yourself sufficiently for the exams.

Original post by Abhi123
Hi,
I would really appreciate your help.
I am from India and do not have a very fair idea about studies in Imperial college london.
I consider myself a very average student, though I have made it to Imperial.
I know these questions are quite relative in terms, but still I would like you to answer.

1. Is the course tough?
2. I understand the time is less for studying, but how difficult is to get decent marks in the course.
3. is there a chance of failing also?
Hi, I applied for the MSc General Structural Engineering course and I am still waiting for a decision from imperial. I got a 2:2 BEng Civil Engineering. I wrote a good personal statement and have two summers of work experiences. What do you think my chances are? I am international too, did my BEng in England.
Thanks
May I ask you the stuff you have learned from Imperial? Because I am the student from AU (same as you).
what are the career opportunities for masters in general structural engineering graduate from imperial College London?
HiI have received an offer for an MSc General Structural Engineering course. I have an undergraduate degree in Mechanical Engineering.I am quite nervous about accepting the offer as I won’t be in the same position as civil or structural undergraduates. Any comments on the course itself from previous students and graduates of this course and preparation of the content is much appreciated!
Original post by Studentdk
I'm currently doing the course. Feel free to ask questions.

Please I applied for this program and recently got an invitation for an online interview. Please can you help me with some tips and also so possible technical questions that would be asked. Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending