The Student Room Group
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

PGCE Primary at Leicester University 2014

Hi guys,

Recently found out I have a conditional offer at Leicester for Primary PGCE! So excited, have now firmed it!

Is anyone else going or had an interview? (My interview was on 6th December) I'm thinking of making a FB group if anyone is interested :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi
Congratulations on your acceptance! I had my interview at Leicester yesterday - did you get an email confirmation of your place? I've had one already but it seems too early :-/ FB group sounds like a good idea
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 2
Congratulations on your place!

Can I just ask how long it took to hear back after your interview? I had mine two days ago.
Reply 3
Original post by chloesc1992
Congratulations on your place!

Can I just ask how long it took to hear back after your interview? I had mine two days ago.

Thanks! My interview was yesterday, but I'm genuinely concerned that it might be an error - email received just before 6pm today :confused:
Reply 4
Original post by hwalk26
Thanks! My interview was yesterday, but I'm genuinely concerned that it might be an error - email received just before 6pm today :confused:

I'm sure it's not an error, congratulations :smile:
My interview was on the 6th and UCAS track got updated saying I have a conditional offer on the 12th so 4 working days!
Reply 5
Original post by hwalk26

My interview was on the 18th and I received an email confirming my place on the 20th so I am sure it isn't an erro
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6
My interview was on the 18th and I received an email confirming my place on the 20th so I am sure it isn't an erro

Hi, I've got my applicant day on the 8th January. I was just wondering whether you could give me an insight into what it entails? Any tips would be greatly appreciated too! Thanks :smile:
Reply 7
Have you had your letter? It pretty much details everything that will happen on the day, so as long as you prepare what you've been asked to you'll be fine - brush up your maths and English skills to about yr 6 level (tests are pretty short) and be prepared to speak on and discuss the topics you've been assigned. Remember, they want to see your passion for the subject and teaching as a profession and that you have the skills to be able to cope with a pretty intense course and career :-)
Reply 8
Hi, I've just been offered a place on the Upper Primary PGCE at Leicester YAY :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by tomh1993
Hi, I've got my applicant day on the 8th January. I was just wondering whether you could give me an insight into what it entails? Any tips would be greatly appreciated too! Thanks :smile:

Hey,

The day goes like this:

-Welcome Meeting
-ID checks
-Tests (English and Maths, only 15 mins each so not too bad)
-Group Discussions (which involve:smile:
a Role Play: we had to pick an item out of a bag and make a two min lesson for the group - which was actually pretty fun - you can't prepare for it, but the best ones in the group were the ones who engaged everyone and tired to relate it to the curriculum in some way. For example, I had a candle so I turned it into a lesson about light.
Round Table Discussions: I prepared some notes for this, but they didn't really want you to use them. I would suggest using the role play as an ice breaker with your group so when it comes to the discussions you feel more relaxed to argue your point/ be engaging etc.

- Interview: only 25 mins and there wasn't any tricky or scary questions :smile:

Hope it goes well! Everyone was really great and making sure it wasn't too pressurized.
Reply 10
Hey,

The day goes like this:

-Welcome Meeting
-ID checks
-Tests (English and Maths, only 15 mins each so not too bad)
-Group Discussions (which involve:smile:
a Role Play: we had to pick an item out of a bag and make a two min lesson for the group - which was actually pretty fun - you can't prepare for it, but the best ones in the group were the ones who engaged everyone and tired to relate it to the curriculum in some way. For example, I had a candle so I turned it into a lesson about light.
Round Table Discussions: I prepared some notes for this, but they didn't really want you to use them. I would suggest using the role play as an ice breaker with your group so when it comes to the discussions you feel more relaxed to argue your point/ be engaging etc.

- Interview: only 25 mins and there wasn't any tricky or scary questions :smile:

Hope it goes well! Everyone was really great and making sure it wasn't too pressurized.

For my interview I was so nervous about the group discussion, however on the day it was really relaxed and I was able to 'bounce' off other members of my group which allowed the discussion to flow pretty easily. Also, our 'interviewer' was a headteacher in the local area, he made us really relaxed as he said he wants us to all do well :smile:
Hi Everyone!

I was just wondering if anyone knew how to accept an offer on the UCAS system?

There doesn't seem to be a way of doing it at the moment.
Reply 12
Hi Everyone!

I was just wondering if anyone knew how to accept an offer on the UCAS system?

There doesn't seem to be a way of doing it at the moment.

You need to withdraw from other choices before you're able to accept an offer :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by espeight11
Hi, I've just been offered a place on the Upper Primary PGCE at Leicester YAY :smile:

Congrats :smile: have you accepted the offer?
Reply 14
Original post by sbubbles
Congrats :smile: have you accepted the offer?

Hey, I haven't yet as I'm waiting for my other two to respond on ucas, but it is my first choice so I will be :smile: is it your first choice??
Reply 15
Hey, I haven't yet as I'm waiting for my other two to respond on ucas, but it is my first choice so I will be :smile: is it your first choice??

Ah right :smile: I have accepted my offer! Just need to pass the QTS tests and get a 2:1 in my degree! My tests are booked for the 30th but I haven't started revising yet as I've got so much uni work to do! Have you done the QTS tests yet? :smile:
Reply 16
Ah right :smile: I have accepted my offer! Just need to pass the QTS tests and get a 2:1 in my degree! My tests are booked for the 30th but I haven't started revising yet as I've got so much uni work to do! Have you done the QTS tests yet? :smile:

Oo congrats! :smile: yeh I did my tests a few weeks ago, so glad to get them out of the way! There's not a great deal you can prepare for with the literacy, it's just the numeracy that needs the practise! What course are you studying? And are you already at Leicester uni?
Reply 17
Oo congrats! :smile: yeh I did my tests a few weeks ago, so glad to get them out of the way! There's not a great deal you can prepare for with the literacy, it's just the numeracy that needs the practise! What course are you studying? And are you already at Leicester uni?

That's good! :smile: Yeah I'm going to do the online practice tests and just hope for the best! I'm studying English literature at the University of Hull, but I'm from Peterborough so I think I'm going to live at home for the PGCE as it'll be a lot cheaper as I need to buy a car etc. Are you at Leicester uni?
Reply 18
That's good! :smile: Yeah I'm going to do the online practice tests and just hope for the best! I'm studying English literature at the University of Hull, but I'm from Peterborough so I think I'm going to live at home for the PGCE as it'll be a lot cheaper as I need to buy a car etc. Are you at Leicester uni?

Ah that's cool, so did you move away for uni? (My geography is awful and I cannot think how far away Hull is from Peterborough lol) I graduated last year from Southampton uni, but I'm from Leicester so also moving back home to do the course :smile: it'll be strange after living with friends for the last few years!
Reply 19
Ah that's cool, so did you move away for uni? (My geography is awful and I cannot think how far away Hull is from Peterborough lol) I graduated last year from Southampton uni, but I'm from Leicester so also moving back home to do the course :smile: it'll be strange after living with friends for the last few years!

Yeah I did move away for uni :smile: so it'll be strange for me as well living at home full-time again! Ah right, what did you study at Southampton? Are you working at the moment up until you start the PGCE? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending