The Student Room Group

PwC Talent Academy 2014

Hey guys :smile:,

I recently confirmed my place at PwC Talent Academy for spring 2014. Any one else going? Really excited....

Wonder what % of them get Summer Internships after :tongue:

:wink:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Ravlar

I recently confirmed my place at PwC Talent Academy for spring 2014. Any one else going? Really excited....

me :biggrin: but I'm in summer
Reply 2
Congrats :smile:

Any idea how many of the people going get summer internships the following year?

Also curious if we can chose what field what we would like to interview for...

Regardless, going to be a great experience!!

Gratz again!!
Reply 3
Original post by Ravlar
Congrats :smile:

Any idea how many of the people going get summer internships the following year?

Also curious if we can chose what field what we would like to interview for...

Regardless, going to be a great experience!!

Gratz again!!

not sure, but people have said quite a few on other threads
Reply 4
Hi guys, congratz on ur offers!!! I really hope I get one for this programme. From what I have heard it sounds amazing!
I have my interview in a few days time and was wondering if any of u could shed some light on what was asked during it. I have prepared a few answers for the 'first interview competencies' but is there anything else I need to be aware of. I really would love to be offered a place.
I would be really appreciative ur help!!
Thanks.
Reply 5
Original post by Sporkle
Hi guys, congratz on ur offers!!! I really hope I get one for this programme. From what I have heard it sounds amazing!
I have my interview in a few days time and was wondering if any of u could shed some light on what was asked during it. I have prepared a few answers for the 'first interview competencies' but is there anything else I need to be aware of. I really would love to be offered a place.
Thanks.

thats literally everything they'll ask, its all based on those "first interview competencies"
Have at least 2 answers for each and you'll be fine

Goodluck :smile:
Original post by Ravlar

Original post by razor123
me :biggrin: but I'm in summer

do they ask any questions on business news? or is it all competency based?
Reply 7
Original post by printergirl
do they ask any questions on business news? or is it all competency based?

they could i guess, but its based on the competencies
they could i guess, but its based on the competencies

So you only had competency questions?
Reply 9
Original post by printergirl
So you only had competency questions?

yeah
Reply 10
yeah

Did they want 2 examples for each ?
Reply 11
Original post by Sporkle
Thanks.

Hey!

Congrats on passing the aptitude tests!

I would prepare for some competency questions, but I wouldn't have set answers for any of them. The range of questions they ask are quite broad in their competency's, so have a few scenarios instead which have stood out in your past where you have shown several competencies, and adapt your answer to them. They will ask follow up questions so, be confident in your answers.

Also research a lot of the benefits of PwC like biggest of big 4... No.1 grad employer etc. It has won many awards so it shouldn't be too difficult. Revise one or two case studies just to be sure. And make sure you can talk about a current issue of your choice in the news etc.

All this is way more than you need to do, but it will make you confident and prepared! The tone is light hearted and nice. Final tip just make sure you get across your passion for the company and I am sure you will fine :biggrin:.

Hope this helps.

--Ravlar
Reply 12
Original post by KD35
Did they want 2 examples for each ?

it depends on how good your answer is. If they don't get the information they require from your first answer, they'll probably ask you another question
Original post by Ravlar

I would prepare for some competency questions, but I wouldn't have set answers for any of them. The range of questions they ask are quite broad in their competency's, so have a few scenarios instead which have stood out in your past where you have shown several competencies, and adapt your answer to them. They will ask follow up questions so, be confident in your answers.

Hey Ravlar,
Whats the view on repeating your examples for different questions? eg if you had a certain role which required you to organise and lead, could you use the same example to answer "tell me a time you organised etc" and "tell me a time you led a group etc"?
Reply 14
Original post by needabitofhelp
Hey Ravlar,
Whats the view on repeating your examples for different questions? eg if you had a certain role which required you to organise and lead, could you use the same example to answer "tell me a time you organised etc" and "tell me a time you led a group etc"?

Hey,

Firstly Happy New Year!

I wouldn't say it is a bad idea to use one role with a lot of different functions to answer more than one answer. I would use one role for a MAX of 3, as they like to see you have variety in what you do, but there is certainly no harm in using it twice or thrice. If you just keep using then you could have a problem. I will use my example, at Sixth Form I was Student President, so to answer competencies I used 3 different aspects of my role to answer questions - 1) Leadership 2) Organisation 3) Responsibility. It would not be wise to use the same specific example of a role to answer more than one question, for example if I used the leadership example to answer 3 questions.

I really hope this helps you.

Best of Luck.

--Ravlar
Original post by Ravlar
Hey,

Firstly Happy New Year!

I wouldn't say it is a bad idea to use one role with a lot of different functions to answer more than one answer. I would use one role for a MAX of 3, as they like to see you have variety in what you do, but there is certainly no harm in using it twice or thrice. If you just keep using then you could have a problem. I will use my example, at Sixth Form I was Student President, so to answer competencies I used 3 different aspects of my role to answer questions - 1) Leadership 2) Organisation 3) Responsibility. It would not be wise to use the same specific example of a role to answer more than one question, for example if I used the leadership example to answer 3 questions.

I really hope this helps you.

Best of Luck.

--Ravlar

Happy New Year to you too!
Thanks a lot for the advice, did you follow this technique in your pwc interview?
Reply 16
Original post by needabitofhelp
Happy New Year to you too!
Thanks a lot for the advice, did you follow this technique in your pwc interview?

Yes I sure did :smile:

Need any help let me know

-- Ravlar
Reply 17
Got a place on the summer programme! :biggrin:
Reply 18
Waiting list for the spring programme :frown:
Reply 19
Waiting list for the spring programme

me too ...

Quick Reply

Latest