The Student Room Group

Too old to wear Aeropostale?

I just checked their website and it says their products are generally for those aged 14-17. I'm 23 myself. I was given an Aeropostale polo shirt as my sole Christmas present and was wondering if it would be socially acceptable to wear one in the UK? Or would people know that I'm out of the age range (I don't look young for my age or anything)?

http://www.aeropostale.com/product/index.jsp?productId=30376916&cp=3534618.3534619.3534624.3542203.3536103.11327013.11331534

Sort of like the one in the link.
I didn't even know Aeropostale had an "age range".
Original post by snowyowl
I didn't even know Aeropostale had an "age range".

Apparently A&F has an age range of 18-22 and Hollister is 14-18 so it's not just Aeropostale that does this.
When I went to aeropostale shops in America there were women in there a lot older than 17.
Original post by *Dreaming*
When I went to aeropostale shops in America there were women in there a lot older than 17.

Are you sure they weren't looking to buy for a younger sibling or something like that? Sorry I'm sounding insecure. :colondollar:
Reply 5
Original post by Autistic Merit
Apparently A&F has an age range of 18-22 and Hollister is 14-18 so it's not just Aeropostale that does this.

That was prior to the demise of Ruehl. Anyway, there is a great deal of time and money in A&F branding psychology; just because they say it's for a particular market doesn't mean they mean it.
(edited 10 years ago)

Oh dear I just aged out of A&F and have long aged out of Hollister. Never mind that - if you like it then wear it!
Are you sure they weren't looking to buy for a younger sibling or something like that? Sorry I'm sounding insecure. :colondollar:

They were trying stuff on so...yeah :smile:
Reply 8
A&F is meant for 'college age', but I still see loads of 50-somethings wearing their stuff - ignore it!

I think some of the pieces by Bethany Mota are cute. However if it's anything like Hollister sizing, items such as jeans and trousers may be on the short side.

Quick Reply

Latest