The Student Room Group
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University

Entrance Scholarship- Who's with me?

Scroll to see replies

The letter I got confirmed that you should firm Aber by 6th of April (or as soon as possible) to receive the award.

I'm sure there are no issues if you firm them now.

Also pretty cool seeing my name up there on the scholarship holders list! Wonder who the polish guy was who got the other senior award.. wonder if it's anyone on here :cool:
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University
Hey, that's me. :biggrin: I still can't believe I've received the senior award. I was hoping for a merit award at most to be honest, had no idea I'd done so well on the exam. It feels really great.

And of course congratulations to everyone who's got their scholarships and merit awards! I'm looking forward to meeting you all there!
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 362
Original post by HThatch
Ah okay thanks, could you let me know if anything now changes with yours?

I'll let you know.
Original post by Kamil Camile
Hey, that's me. :biggrin: I still can't believe I've received the senior award. I was hoping for a merit award at most to be honest, had no idea I'd done so well on the exam. It feels really great.

And of course congratulations to everyone who's got their scholarships and merit awards! I'm looking forward to meeting you all there!

Congratulations! That's amazing! What exams did you do?
Original post by ohlookitschloe
Congratulations! That's amazing! What exams did you do?

Thanks a lot, IT and computer science
Original post by Kamil Camile
Thanks a lot, IT and computer science

Out of interest, how old are you and what scores did you get? I'm not sure whether the 'Senior' in 'Senior Scholarship' means it's for older people, or like the top 1 or 2 peeps.

*shurgs*
Original post by SamKeene
Out of interest, how old are you and what scores did you get? I'm not sure whether the 'Senior' in 'Senior Scholarship' means it's for older people, or like the top 1 or 2 peeps.

*shurgs*

I'm 19 ('95) since I'm finishing a 4-year school this schoolyear (most people in Poland go to normal 3-year highschool, I went to a technical school where I had professional subjects related to my profile - IT - besides general subjects). I don't know where to check my scores or if I'll get them on my e-mail. If it's the second then I haven't received them yet. I just kept checking the website with the winners every day, that's how I found out.
Original post by HThatch
Ah okay thanks, could you let me know if anything now changes with yours?

My place has just turned unconditional!🎉🎉🎉
Reply 368
oooh mine too. c:
Well done everyone! Hoping to see you all in September :smile:
Anyone listed their accommodation in preference order? (Mentally of course)
I'm torn between rosser and cwrt mawr as my first choice!
Well done everyone I also got an unconditional:smile:!

Who has firmed ABER already?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 371
Original post by laurapresents
Well done everyone! Hoping to see you all in September :smile:
Anyone listed their accommodation in preference order? (Mentally of course)
I'm torn between rosser and cwrt mawr as my first choice!

I think I'm gonna go with Cwrt Mawr
Wish september would come sooner eeeeep.
Original post by Dwarph
I think I'm gonna go with Cwrt Mawr
Wish september would come sooner eeeeep.

Same and same!
So it's been agggess since anyone's posted here, but I was wondering: are the exams GCSE level or more A-Level standard? I had a look at the Film & TV past papers and the questions they had for 2014 were very similar to my Media GCSE exam. Pretty sure I had one of the questions exactly, just worded different! I just wanted to know what the style of marking is :smile:
I'm applying for the scholarship too. International politics and business and management will be the two papers I'll sit. I've made Aber my firm and applied for International politics with strategic studies.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It seems like all the scholarships are for applicants who come from various parts of wales, is it worth applying for one when I come from London, England?
It definitely is roosters- the entrance scholarship is available to all applicants, I came from Northern England and was successful in 2014.
Is anyone applying for this year's entrance scholarship? (2017 entries) Apparently the rules have changed and the exams are going to be an hour and a half long and not 2 hours as in previous years. Could that mean only one topic to answer to on each subject or will they simply put a word limit so that there is time?
So, how did everyone else find that? (hands still hurt, struggling to type...)

I did biology 1 and 2, seemed to go fairly well. I assume we're allowed to talk about it now...
Original post by Kitibob
So, how did everyone else find that? (hands still hurt, struggling to type...)

I did biology 1 and 2, seemed to go fairly well. I assume we're allowed to talk about it now...

I think I did okay-ish. I know that I won't have got any more than 88 marks on the IT exam though, because I missed a question and a half. And based on my other answers, I'm guessing I probably got around 60-65 out of 100.

For Comp Sci, I think I answered all the questions fairly well, though I know I got 1. c) wrong. Missed 1 line in my program, which kinda means that the program won't work, and won't meet the required purpose. With just that one extra line, the program would have worked fine though, so hopefully they'll give me at least some marks for that. Annoying that I realised I missed that line just as soon as I left the exam room. I literally opened the door to leave, and then I just cussed out loud because it hit me xD
I also missed some marks on 2. d) for definite, because I ran out of time. I knew exactly what I needed to write; but I just didn't have time. Probably could have done more if I hadn't wasted so much time talking about the advantages of Google's suite being cloud-based xD

Quick Reply

Latest