The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
gCarroll thinks it's obvious that whilst some females will drink pints no lady will.
What one drinks does not make one what they are (unless of course we are talking about size and the extra weight drinking any pints might make one put on).

So a pint can be drunk by a lady.
Reply 3
Yup. Love a pint of Bulmer- your Magners- or Miller

The glass i drink from does not a slattern make me...
Reply 4
saoirse

The glass i drink from does not a slattern make me...

Yes but gCarroll points out that being Irish does.
Reply 5
Is gCarroll some repressed ape from the pages of a 1900 Punch magazine?

Who has the *endearing* if dull-witted habit of referring to oneself as the third person?
Reply 6
saoirse
Is gCarroll some repressed ape from the pages of a 1900 Punch magazine?

Who has the *endearing* if dull-witted habit of referring to oneself as the third person?

gCarroll is gCarroll and apologises for that.
Reply 7
saoirse
Gets on your tits after a while, doesn't it? Thank god gCarroll doesn't post all that often, though - if he was a more prolific poster, I'd probably be screaming at the amount of third-person posting :rolleyes:
Reply 8
gCarroll does not ask to be loved. If you wish to hate, and hating makes you happy then he would not wish else on you. But feels a halycon sadness nonetheless.
Reply 9
I do because I'd be up and down all the time if I drank halfs!
Reply 10
Several girls I know who I'd class as 'ladies' drink pints. But then some wouldn't ever ever ever. I've simply decided that I'll just let them get on with it while I drink *my* pint.
Bluelight
My sister is convinced that no "lady" will drink from a pint glass or drink beer lager etc, she sticks to wine alcopops and the like. If she gets served in a pint glass she always requests a smaller one. i was wondering what the rest of you girls do, do you drink pints of beer and lager from pint glasses?

I agree with your sister, theres nothing less attractive than a girl swigging from a pint!
Reply 12
Ah, lovely. Had never heard of this aversion to women drinking from large drinking vessels until I landed on this fair isle.

How is drinking out of a glass less desirable than a girl drinking out of a bottle which to my way of thinking, is really unattractive and somewhat phallic?
On occassion, I'm not too keen on lager, both my girlfriends are regular pint drinkers though. I prefer wine, spirits and mixers etc. It's funny when the 3 of us sat there, those two with pints and me with a wine glass.

I drank it in cologne where they didn't sell anything else,and a couple of times when it's a lot cheaper than other drinks. It's not the drinking out of a pint glass i don't like it's the taste
Reply 14
lol! Do ladies drink alchopops - me thinks not :wink:
Reply 15
Alcopops!? Pah! I drink pints of Strongbow or Stella:biggrin:
Fluffy
lol! Do ladies drink alchopops - me thinks not :wink:

I do :o:p:

I hate beer, but I always get Coke in a pint glass... cheaper than buying 2 half pints!!!
Reply 17
I personally wouldn't drink out of a pint glass. I think it probably does make one look a bit unladylike. However, if one doesn't mind looking like a bit of a tomboy, then there's no problem!
I don't drink pints, not because it is un-ladylike, but because I don't like beer.
Reply 19
No I hate beer.
And wine for that matter.

Latest

Trending

Trending