The Student Room Group

Aqa Ella 4 coursework thread !

I'm making a thread for people who are going to be doing the AQA Ella 4 coursework. Deadline is 14 - 15 weeks away[s]eek[:confused:/s]:confused:

So my school is doing The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood and Songs Of Innocence and Experience by William Blake. I am currently in the process of finalizing my devised question. Stuck between two

1. Compare the ways in which Atwood and Blake use religion to develop a restrictive view of society.

2. Compare the ways in which Atwood and Blake use religion to present the oppression of the individual.

Any tips of what question to pick? (I'm gonna ask my teacher on Tuesday) and what question and texts are you doing?
Original post by khare.ima

Any tips of what question to pick?

Doesn't it stand to reason that you pick the one that YOU can answer better, not the question that someone who you don't know and never will would pick?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Yeah, I know im just trying to gauge as much feedback and opinion as I can. Your question regardless on whether you think you can answer it or not can make or break your essay.
Reply 3
I'm doing the exact same for my ELLA 4 Coursework.

I'm doing both versions of 'Holy Thursday' by William Blake as my poem selections, haven't fully nailed down my Handmaid's extracts though.

My question so far is: "Compare how Atwood and Blake present religion as a tool of control".

What are your poem selections and extracts from Handmaids? That will help people help you decide what question you should do.
Im stuggling on the theme of family relationships in Seamus Heany Mid term break and Digging. Any help?
Reply 5
does anyone have any idea on how to structure a good analytical paragraph for ELLA4?:s-smilie:
my teacher is absolutely no help
Original post by cakey123
does anyone have any idea on how to structure a good analytical paragraph for ELLA4?:s-smilie:
my teacher is absolutely no help

I was given a structure today called the stepping stone structure, basically one point of comparison is composed of 2 paragraphs, I'll just copy up what it says on the sheet:
Paragraph one:
1. Comparative idea with a topic sentence
2. Provide context for quotation in Text A
3. Provide quote from Text A
4. Analyse and explore effects of writer's use of language
5. Make a link back to initial idea
Paragraph two:
1. Reminder of topic sentence
2. Context (Text B)
3. Evidence (Text B)
4. Analysis (Text B)
5. Comparative conceptual interpretation of both texts. Must relate to topic sentence.
Reply 7
Thank You so much! I think you've just saved my life:biggrin:
Original post by cakey123
Thank You so much! I think you've just saved my life:biggrin:

It's okay!:smile:
Reply 9
My finished essay is over 2800 words... will this matter? Thanks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending