The Student Room Group
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website

Whats the nightlife and town like in Warrington?

I'm thinking of going to the University of Chester (Warrington camus) next summer and wanted to know what current students had to say about the nightlife and town as I'm quite an outgoing person. :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by Sara Griffiths
I'm thinking of going to the University of Chester (Warrington camus) next summer and wanted to know what current students had to say about the nightlife and town as I'm quite an outgoing person. :smile:

Pretty standard town. I joined the campus with the same concerns but there's more than enough.

For just Warrington.... Tuesday is student night in town which can be hit and miss, and Wednesday is socials at the SU bar on campus which is the busiest night of the week there. Always packed. Friday is busy in town, but the SU bar can be pretty busy as well, and obviously Saturday is rammed in town.

But more importantly..h Chester, Liverpool and Manchester are all within 40 minutes drive/taxi/train/bus, so there's something every day of the week basically which you can do. Monday is student night in Chester at Cruise which is always rammed. Most people from Warrington go there and swerve town on Tuesday, 1) because Town Tuesdays are not that great, and 2) everyone always goes bar on Wednesday so they use Tuesday as a rest day often.. Thursday is student night in Chester again, this time at Missoula and Rosies (always busy), and there's a tonnes of student nights across the whole of Liverpool and Manchester on Thursdays too. Obviously Friday and Saturday all those places are busy too.

So basically to answer your question, Warrington is good, there's certainly enough to keep you occupied, but the campus is located quite fortiously within easy travelling distance of Chester, Liverpool and Manchester which is the main draw.. Just like any small town, you dont really want to go there every week 2 or 3 times a week, so its luckilly placed that theres a guaranteed quality night out 6 out of the 7 days of the week within easy travelling distance.

Nightlife aside.. the town is alright. Shopping wise etc there's quite a lot, but to be honest it depends where you come from. I'm from Essex so the town is quite different to what i'm used to, but if you're from the NW then culture and the people will be pretty similair.

If you've got any other questions feel free to ask!
(edited 10 years ago)
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website
Reply 2
I have an offer from chester on the warrington campus and i was wondering the same thing, thanks :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Sara Griffiths

Hi Sara, im hopefully going to the Warrington Campus at Chester in september and I was wondering what your'e wanting to study?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending