The Student Room Group

Sick And Tired... Of Assessment Questionnaires For Jobs Online...

For someone like myself who is currently on Jobseekers, finding work at the moment is very important to me.

The one thing which seems to become increasingly annoying, and frustrating is online Assessment Questionnaires.

I applied for a position working for a position as a Customer Assistant for a Boots store which is less than 10 miles from me in the car.

After clicking Apply, I was made to create an account, then proceeded to add personal information, name, Address and attach a CV.

After about 20 minutes, I received an automatic pre-written reply, saying I made the next stage. I was given a link to a fancy online Questionnaire, which stated would take 60 minutes to complete.

The questionnaire was made up multiple answers to questions relating to situations in store.

After filling it out I sent it off, today I got another automatic reply, saying this...

Hi Aaron,

Thanks so much for applying.

We really appreciate the time you spent on your application for Customer Assistant.

We’re sorry to have to let you know that you haven’t been successful on this occasion due to the level you attained for the questionnaire assessment.

You will need to allow a 12 month period before applying for a similar role as this will give you adequate time to develop your skills and experience

So how am I suppose to get experience and gain the skills from a company, if they not even going to give me a job in the first place to develop them?

In the current job market, I wish the Government would ban this companies from using these stupid Online Questionnaires in the first place and those restrict time limits on when you can reapply.

These questionnaires have absolutely no measure in a person's practical ability in a real life situation. The problem with assessment questionnaires, is the policies of these companies can differ with their customer service, secondly. Wants to stop somebody else filling in the questionnaire online for you???

All they serve is to make the lives easier for these company bosses, not having to work hard shifting through CV's to actually see if somebody is worth taking on.

You can't properly judge if a person will be suitable for a job, until you interview them face to face.

At 29 years of age, I feel sorry for the younger generations who have left school, who haven't got any experience trying to apply for these jobs.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by generalzod

You will need to allow a 12 month period before applying for a similar role as this will give you adequate time to develop your skills and experience

you need to wait 1 year to apply again. this is a Complete joke.

i think they have a automated filter that rejects people.

they need to ban this questionaire, waste of time.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2
you need to wait 1 year to apply again. this is complete joke.

they need to ban this questionairs, waste of time.

I know my mouth actually dropped to the floor when I read that, I remember another I applied for B&Q and told me to try again in 3 months.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending