The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by seaholme
Out of curiosity which bits do you reckon are better than the current contract? I don't think I've heard anybody express the opinion that the new one is > the old one yet! Of course I think the latest one was >>> all the other offers they made, but I'd see no problem in sticking with the status quo.

Individual guardian-reports about working late > rota monitoring where achieving minimum return rate is a nightmare
Max 8 consecutive shifts > 12 consecutive shifts
Max 5 consecutive nights > 7 consecutive nights
Max whatever the hours cut-off is > working 130 hours in 12 days
Pay for work done > 3 arbitrary pay groupings
Original post by Becca-Sarah
Individual guardian-reports about working late > rota monitoring where achieving minimum return rate is a nightmare

This, basically
Original post by MJK91
Failed SAQ paper by 5 marks, kill meeeee. Feel a little better knowing it was 10 mark question on Wernicke-Korsakoff that cost me though (1/10 lol). Bring on resits! :frown:

Sorry :frown:. That's so harsh having 10 mark question on that! I'm sure you will smash the resit :biggrin:

PRSOM.

As a student, I voted to accept.

With the political climate at the moment, I really don't believe a better option will be presented. I voted on the information and current circumstances.
Original post by MJK91
Failed SAQ paper by 5 marks, kill meeeee. Feel a little better knowing it was 10 mark question on Wernicke-Korsakoff that cost me though (1/10 lol). Bring on resits! :frown:

Good luck with resits.

This, plus a rewording of the clause that previously allowed NHS employers to amend the terms of the contract at any point, at their full discretion.
Original post by seaholme
Out of curiosity which bits do you reckon are better than the current contract? I don't think I've heard anybody express the opinion that the new one is > the old one yet! Of course I think the latest one was >>> all the other offers they made, but I'd see no problem in sticking with the status quo.
Probably because you're in the same echo chamber in which around 58% of the people who voted reside.

Most people:
"Oh, this is a vote on the contract? Haven't the junior doctors been in uproar about this stuff? Pfft, obviously vote no! #weallhatejeremy"*

Disclaimer: this might not actually be you.*
Original post by Kinkerz
Probably because you're in the same echo chamber in which around 58% of the people who voted reside.

Most people:
"Oh, this is a vote on the contract? Haven't the junior doctors been in uproar about this stuff? Pfft, obviously vote no! #weallhatejeremy"*

Disclaimer: this might not actually be you.*

Re: those above, I can see why you'd consider that better than the current one, but I can't help but feel (personally) that those cut-offs of days and so on will affect relatively few rotas, and in any case be manipulated to mean very little. The sample rotas were entirely uninspiring. I also worry that the guardian role is hazy and easy to fudge - whereas at least the rota monitoring was impartial and created action off the back of it. Although I do think it was worth at least giving the Guardian a go, you can't just claim it won't be impartial and effective; because it might. Anyway I didn't actually reply to start an argument or anything, I just wanted to see which bits people felt were an improvement.

It's a little worrying to think that you i.e. @Kinkerz are of the view people are voting purely out of some kind of spite against JH and by implication not even considering it themselves. I sincerely hope you are wrong and people are thinking about what they're doing! All that stuff about being scientific and evidence-based seems like a load of BS otherwise. And to be fair, people seem to be able to justify their reasons for rejecting it. I think it's a little unfair to imply that the majority who voted to reject it was doing some kind of 'up-yours establishment' Brexit equivalent.

Latest

Trending

Trending