The Student Room Group

Extended project...

Hey, I am thinking off doing this course in the middle of my final year before University (the deadline for the extended project is late April and I haven't started the project but have an idea of what to do and know what topic I will be talking about). Only potential problem is that I have included the extended project on my UCAS application form as part of other courses but the grade is pending, of course. My question is, if I withdraw from the course right now but then universities will find out I withdraw, will that affect my entry? Because that might suggest I didn't put in enough effort for a course that requires a lot of research.

My guess would be that they wouldn't be seriously concerned because it's just an optional course that won't be the first thing they will look at when looking my qualifications. A-Levels and GCSEs come first, of course.
If you've put it on your UCAS form then unis will expect you to be doing it. You run a risk by not doing it if you don't inform the unis that you've changed your programme of study as it could negate any offers made.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending