The Student Room Group

I made a big exam mistake today

Alright folks,

Just want to get your thoughts on this. I made a stupid mistake in my two hour exam today. Two questions at 50% each. First question went well but I miss understood the second. It was an EITHER/OR question and I answered both parts. How would this second answer be marked, would the marker just disregard half of the content? Will he/she chose the better of the two aspects. Is it merely a case of I lose 25% of the exam overall? Is this situation better than say a question asking you to analyse two aspects but you only answer one? In effect I have answered both parts but obviously haven't been able to go into as much detail as I should have. Do you think the marker will take kindly to this human error. We use a positive marking system, does this make any difference?

Don't know what to expect at all in terms of a grade (it is obviously going to be much lower than what I would usually achieve) but it is an absolute bob howler on my behalf. Shouldn't be making those errors at this level, it's a hard lesson learnt. Can anyone give me some advice!? :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
Reply 2
Hii.
I your first part will be marked only with the either/or bit. So don't worry :yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
One or the other will be marked, so it's all good! You might even get higher marks for it... There's no error in doing so.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending