The Student Room Group

Back to university

Hi, I'm 34 years old and i'm thinking to go back to university next year. I'm Italian and I live and work in London. I would like to know wich documents and certificates I need to enter a uni course here in UK and if there are some facility for mature students.
Thanks. Carmen Cinque.
Reply 1
Original post by carmen5
Hi, I'm 34 years old and i'm thinking to go back to university next year. I'm Italian and I live and work in London. I would like to know wich documents and certificates I need to enter a uni course here in UK and if there are some facility for mature students.
Thanks. Carmen Cinque.

Go to your local job centre and book an appointment with a career advisor. They will advice you on what to do...

You most likely will need to do an access course at college but speak to a careers advisor.
Look at open university. Probably better for your age and you can continue to work.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Probably your best bet is to take an Access to Higher Education course. It's a one year course taught at your local college, and it's designed for people who, like you, are returning to education after time away.

As for institutions for mature students, you might like to look at Birkbeck, which teaches in the evenings, so if you work 9-5 you could carry on working too. Alternatively the Open University is a distance learning uni that's very good.

Beyond that, you're looking at all the 'normal' unis, but they do all take mature students

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending