The Student Room Group

PGCE and masters credits

this is something may want to do....if I have pgce maths and then do a masters in the future in statistics using my pgce credits...is this allowed?
Reply 1
I've made this into a new thread for you. If a thread is more than six moths old, it's usually better to make a new thread rather than bumping the old one, it can make things confusing bumping old threads :smile:
I am sure that the credits contribute to a masters in education, not any other subject....
Original post by polka_dott
I am sure that the credits contribute to a masters in education, not any other subject....

Agreed.
Reply 4
Original post by NorthWestMaths
this is something may want to do....if I have pgce maths and then do a masters in the future in statistics using my pgce credits...is this allowed?

No, your masters can only count towards a masters in education. And even then it's usually at the uni you did your PGCE at.
Reply 5
could you Apel across your masters credits from your post graduate certificate to your new course? This entirely depends on whether where you are studying your new MA would accept them and at what value. so for example you have 60 credits for a post graduate certificate but you may only be able to APEL over 30 credits.

It will also depend on how relevant your post graduate studies are - I don't know enough about the differences between Maths and statistics to know, or how much of your PGCE will be education and how much will be Maths.
At my uni teachers (ie those with PGCE) are studying for both MEd and also MAPE among other things.

I'm not saying you would definitely be able to do it but don't rule it out and have a chat with the uni you would consider studying at and see what they say.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending