The Student Room Group

which course is easier to get in to? Engineering or medicine.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Doctor_Einstein
I disagree. It is easier to learn the logical concepts involved in mathematics, physics and engineering than it is to memorize all of the facts in medicine. It is also easy to memorize the required material in physics and maths, because it strings together so logically. In medicine, there are many random facts that you need to know, that cannot be solved using reason alone.

Depends how ones particular brain works though doesn't it?

Some people have really rubbish memories and would find medicine harder whereas others have very good memories but struggle with mathematical concepts and how to apply them practically. You need to be good enough at maths and physics in the first place to be able to use it logically.
Reply 41
Original post by Mohid Khan
yes, there are one or two exceptions:biggrin:
but i still think bmat is much harder,

:rofl:

Either you're completely clueless or you're applying for the wrong subject if you find STEP easier than the BMAT.
Engineering is much easier to get into, because a wide range of universities offer it with a fairly wide range of entry requirements (there are minimum stipulated requirements specified by the Engineering Council for entry into accredited degrees). You also don't need any work experience whatsoever, either.

Also there's plenty of memorisation in an engineering degree and there's even more memorisation in the job.
Engineering, due to the range of offers available. Medicine is pretty much AAA/A*AB+

Original post by Noble.
:rofl:

Either you're completely clueless or you're applying for the wrong subject if you find STEP easier than the BMAT.

Is you seriously saying that BMAT is easy m8?

Spoiler

That's my situation now, can you help me? How are you doing now?

Quick Reply

Latest