The Student Room Group

Girl who downed ten Jagerbombs in two-for-one offer died and brought back to life

Scroll to see replies

Original post by aeon439
That's called sarcasm though - how strange that I as a person with Asperger's am having to explain this to a neurotypical aka 'NT' - this is what we call you)

I was making the point that people must have some kind of vested interest in lessening the evidently major role played by alcohol in this incident and reasoned why would that be?

Probably due to alcohol playing a major role in peoples' lives

it's less tenuous than implying that because I'm overweight I'm about to be a major burden on my local A&E ward! :rolleyes:

when you argue with an NT they don't apply the same stringent rules they demand of others back onto themselves - it's infuriating!

like trying to nail jelly to a wall

it seems to me pointless to try and act as if this girl's near death experience is 'nothing to worry about' - it's grossly irresponsible

That was extremely poorly delivered sarcasm.

Okay, your second and third paragraphs have just contradicted your first. How could it have been sarcasm if you're still claiming people are alcoholics for not blaming it on the alcohol?

Obviously it was extremely irresponsible- I've never claimed it to be otherwise. Anybody who fools around with alcohol doesn't not get my respect. However, the girl most likely had previous health problems- or a long history of alcoholism. However, this one event of drinking ten shots cannot be called the main reason for her heart stopping without sufficient medical history and/or actual evidence.
Original post by aeon439
1. No

2. Yes

How far is society expected to go in mitigating for stupidity?

People are often very stupid and need to learn their lesson in my opinion

One less stupid person on the planet if people die from it

I bet she's still drinking heavily still becuase all her stupid mates will still be doing it and heaven forbid she doesn't follow the herd

People like this clog up A&E for people who deserve to use it

There should be a special A&E funded by all the drinkers - no money in the pot = oh dear no service

Bit harsh but some truth in this. However, by this reasoning, ecstasy should be legal. The reason it's illegal is because a girl called Leah Betts took ecstasy, drank too much water and died of water poisoning. Should we criminalise ecstasy because of one person's stupid mistake? Just food for thought.
Reply 102
Original post by suzylemonade
That was extremely poorly delivered sarcasm.

Okay, your second and third paragraphs have just contradicted your first. How could it have been sarcasm if you're still claiming people are alcoholics for not blaming it on the alcohol?

Obviously it was extremely irresponsible- I've never claimed it to be otherwise. Anybody who fools around with alcohol doesn't not get my respect. However, the girl most likely had previous health problems- or a long history of alcoholism. However, this one event of drinking ten shots cannot be called the main reason for her heart stopping without sufficient medical history and/or actual evidence.

So where's the proof that I am any kind of burden on the health system with being overweight then??

She drank to excess and nearly died - this type of activity needs censuring but in today's society she gets a medal instead and a million people queuing up to defend her lifestyle - again, this is called hyperbole ie exaggeration for effect, before you say 'but there aren't a million people on this thread'

you are as patronising as matey up there

you've both got a superiority complex not borne out AT ALL by anything you say!

I think I can see now why the younger generation need to drink to excess - it's clearly to escape from the hell of being around each other!

interacting with people on this thread stone cold sober is driving me to despair so to be doing it every day of the week would probably give me a drink problem too, just to be able to cope with it!
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by aeon439
Don't get me started on drugs!

Let these idiots take all the drugs they want but please don't let me have to hear their parents saying they had a 'glittering academic career' ahead of them if only the drugs hadn't cut them down in their prime

this line invariably makes me want to SCREAM!

Only idiots take drugs

I'm not saying drugs are great, I'm just saying that Leah Betts drank 7 litres of water in 90 minutes. It was water that killed her not drugs.
Did she drink 10 within, say, the space of 2 minutes?
Reply 105
This girl is clearly an inferior human being. You got people drinking to their death and people who think Barack Obama is called Barraco Barna, wouldn't be surprised if people didn't even know who the current UK prime minister is, we are outperformed apparently in maths compared to Chinese, the UK is pretty much always in a recession.

Declinism in every manner, the UK is ****.
Original post by aeon439
Of the ones I've met

I couldn't possibly be expected to meet everyone on the planet - an absurd proposition that highlights your lack of logic

you are just on a wind up and I'm not feeding the troll any more

look at your first post towards me - completely arrogant and dismissive

and people wonder why people with Aspergers start plotting terrorist attacks when you think you can talk to me like this and pretend you are doing nothing wrong

shame on you and everyone else who thinks it's fun to **** on others you see as not up to your pathetic standards of normality

I totally and utterly reject your attitude towards me!

YOU are the problem here and the sooner people like you are taken down a peg or twenty the better!

So if you can't feasibly meet all people on the planet, don't claim that 99% of them are bullies. It's incorrect.

... And then the rest of your point is a rant which is completely irrelevant to my post. I'm not seeing any quotes. I guess you couldn't find any evidence to back up your accusations :rolleyes:

Have a good day :mmm:
Original post by aeon439
She's not the only person to have died from taking ecstasy and the ecstasy made her drink all that water as well so it still caused her death

I can't debate with people who think illegal drug taking is fine as you never get a rational argument

I didn't say illegal drug taking was fine. I think some illegal drugs are safer than Alcohol and Tobacco, for example but they are by no means harmless. My main thing isn't that people should take drugs, more that prohibition of these drugs is harmful because it means that people who want to take drugs don't know what they are being mixed with, it means that the money made from them goes to gangsters who kill each other over them and sometimes innocents get mixed up (take Rhys Jones for example) and it potentially can harm medical research. I read somewhere ( I think it was Drugs: Without The Hot Air by David Nutt) that taking an ecstasy tablet is statistically around as dangerous as riding a motorbike for 6 miles (not very in other words) and there is no evidence to suggest that her taking of so much water was because of her ecstasy use, it was because her parents advised her to stay hydrated if she was going to take ecstasy. I can't be arsed to be dragged in to an argument because you've misunderstood my position and I've been in enough arguments to realise they are a waste of time because neither side convinces the other side so nothing is achieved.
Reply 108
Original post by ifanclarke
I didn't say illegal drug taking was fine. I think some illegal drugs are safer than Alcohol and Tobacco, for example but they are by no means harmless. My main thing isn't that people should take drugs, more that prohibition of these drugs is harmful because it means that people who want to take drugs don't know what they are being mixed with, it means that the money made from them goes to gangsters who kill each other over them and sometimes innocents get mixed up (take Rhys Jones for example) and it potentially can harm medical research. I read somewhere ( I think it was Drugs: Without The Hot Air by David Nutt) that taking an ecstasy tablet is statistically around as dangerous as riding a motorbike for 6 miles (not very in other words) and there is no evidence to suggest that her taking of so much water was because of her ecstasy use, it was because her parents advised her to stay hydrated if she was going to take ecstasy. I can't be arsed to be dragged in to an argument because you've misunderstood my position and I've been in enough arguments to realise they are a waste of time because neither side convinces the other side so nothing is achieved.

Agreed re it being a pointless argument

I would maintain that if she hadn't taken that ecstasy tablet she'd still be alive today though hence it wasn't to her benefit to take it
Original post by Bassetts
I got to admit, I don't read Daily Mail articles. I only read the titles, look at the pictures and the comments.

like most the daily mail readers then lol
Stupid bloody girl.
Reply 111
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2574594/Teenager-18-downed-ten-Jagerbombs-nightclub-two-one-offer-three-heart-attacks-DIED-brought-life-defibrillator.html Should we feel sorry for her? She drunk the alcohol knowing full well what it can do to her, yet she still does it. Is this another sign that Britain is a nation of binge drinkers who are drinking themselves to death?

uh, you do realise the article is warning about energy drinks, not the risks that a "nation of binge drinkers" create..
She mustve been smashed beforehand.

10 Jagerbombs when sober isnt that much to be honest. Its weaker than vodka and 10 shots is like less than half a litre..
I think she's an idiot and she should be told as much, not given a headline in a newspaper. anyone who does something as stupid as that will probably do it again. Don't feel sorry for her at all.
Reply 114
Original post by locksher
I've read through all the debate on this thread and I can't say I agree with aeon439 either, but I think it's really unfair that you (and others) have brought her weight into the argument so strongly, particularly when you don't even know her and are basing it on the one picture she shows on her profile (these are assumptions, if I'm wrong about that and you do know her/have more evidence, then I apologise)

I understand the comparison you were trying to make, but aeon439's weight has now been mentioned quite a few times and I don't think it's fair to be so personal.

None of my business I know, but I just felt it needed to be said.

Why should someones excessive eating be a no go area anymore than someones drinking?
2 jagers one after the other? pretty dece effort for a girl

she should av done if with treble vodka and coke/redbull though, get a little bit of buzz of the caffeine, and for pretty much the same price gets you more ****ed
You didn't die if you're still alive period.
Reply 117
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2574594/Teenager-18-downed-ten-Jagerbombs-nightclub-two-one-offer-three-heart-attacks-DIED-brought-life-defibrillator.html Should we feel sorry for her? She drunk the alcohol knowing full well what it can do to her, yet she still does it. Is this another sign that Britain is a nation of binge drinkers who are drinking themselves to death?

'Drunk' is the perfect-tense conjugation; you mean drank.
Reply 118
Original post by ifanclarke
Bit harsh but some truth in this. However, by this reasoning, ecstasy should be legal. The reason it's illegal is because a girl called Leah Betts took ecstasy, drank too much water and died of water poisoning. Should we criminalise ecstasy because of one person's stupid mistake? Just food for thought.

Leah Betts was in 1995, I think (I seem to remember it being toward the end of my time in Primary School). MDMA has been illegal since the early 1970s. I admit there was quite a major moral panic following her death, though.
(edited 10 years ago)
I am intolerant to caffeine and can't even have ONE jäger bomb. Oh how I miss them... :sad:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending