The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Loughborough Students' Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
The most exams I ever had in a summer was 5, and some people have got that many just in January here. Personally, I find it easier to do revision during Easter than over Christmas when there's lots more going on. I've done next to nothing this holiday and still don't have the motivation to get started :frown:
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Reply 581
But then you either have a. too much coursework which allows dishonest people to get unfair advantages or b. you're putting your whole year on 5 exams, which is too much pressure for me because if you screw one up bang goes 20%, which is two degree classes! I'd rather have more exams than base a whole year on 5 exams.
I had 6 exams each term last year... not fun

I just want all coursework modules dammit! Wouldn't matter when the exams are to me as i just fail them whenever... lol!

Alex Mann
a. too much coursework which allows dishonest people to get unfair advantages

Is that on about cheating? (i.e. Copy + Paste?) As depening who is marking it, it's not that easy to get away with! Plus it's just as easy to cheat in exams, just got to have the balls to do it!

-x-
Reply 583
well i thought a 100% cwork module was ideal, hence why i picked it, but the coursework is in in about 8 days time and i havent started it yet soooooo, may not be so good after all lol
Gotta love an all-nighter :biggrin:

-x-
Reply 585
Anyone who has Helen's number (she used to be on here, a few months back), text her taking the piss because Liverpool lost. :biggrin:
Oh Em you rebel!! What did you get warned for?!

-x-
I got my last warning for replacing **** with f***

Why we cant swear ill never understand.
benisright
I got my last warning for replacing **** with f***

Why we cant swear ill never understand.
Because there are 14 year olds on here. You can't swear in front of them! :eek:

:rolleyes:
Reply 589
More to do with the fact that if there is swearing, many schools filters will block out the forums, which would be bad seeing as the main reason for this forum is academic help + choosing Uni help. That's how I understood it anyway.
Reply 590
i got round the swearing filters by putting a space between each letter lol
Ive had 10 warning points for about 4 months now. No warnings listed. Hmm!
Tut! You are all such naughty people!

Alex Mann
More to do with the fact that if there is swearing, many schools filters will block out the forums, which would be bad seeing as the main reason for this forum is academic help + choosing Uni help. That's how I understood it anyway.

Shouldn't they be working at school and not looking at forums in the first place? lol - Just about everything was banned at my school (including Google!!) so i don't really know how the system works!

-x-
Reply 593
Well, break and lunch times Libby lol. I used to browse the forums in College when I was looking at applying to Unis (actually, it was something someone said in the General Uni forum that made me consider this delightful town).
We weren't allowed indoors at break and lunch!! Unless you had detention!... ahhh i miss high school :smile:

-x-
Reply 595
we only were for 5th, L6th and U6th, but tbh 6th form was the onyl decent years to stay inside with our lovely 6th form centre
Yeah where i went for sixth form you could go inside if you want, but all the rooms were freezing so didn't really help! Or when there was a warm room, be full of annoying yr7s!! lol

You could go onto Uni websites at break though, at lunch they’d usually be a club or something going on in the library!

-x-
Reply 597

We where allowed inside, infact sometime stuff was put on in lunch, time in the DT/IT rooms etc.
- but that was just because it was a small school and we got away with murder..

My brother/sister school (where i did a-levals) didnt do anything like that, but they where allow inside in certain out of the way corridoors, some of the large of which had crapy folding tables for people you could eat packed lunches off as well, and/or venders.
- We of caurse had our wonderfull 6thform center.

Oh, and 6thformers whernt allowed on the playground...

Daniel
If you post **** on a more common board though, you run the risk of getting a warning by a trigger happy mod. Its terrible!

Our 6th form centre was great, was a couple of rooms. But was so good when it was cold as we would sit in the the big common room and watch the freezing year7s waiting for the bell to go.
Reply 599
When we were in younger years at my secondary school we weren't allowed inside at breaks, unless we were in the canteen or something.

Oh, and I bet this is the most stupid thing anyone has ever heard...our school had a one way system in the corridors! You could only walk round them one way to "avoid congestion, so everyone got to lessons quicker", only you could be in one lesson and then have your next lesson round the corner, but because you couldn't walk that way you had to walk halfway round the school to get there making you late! They scrapped that by the time I got to sixth form though.

I even had the privilidge of having 2 different sixth form centres as well, cos the old one got turned into the canteen halfway through 6th form. While they were building our new one we had to put up with our old one being the temporary canteen and the little brats from younger years coming in there every break and lunch :mad:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending