The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Loughborough Students' Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Not a clue sorry! Just picked up the name Henley in Arden, and that the headmaster was in at the crack of dawn phoning parents to tell them the school was closed for the day!
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Henley High then... and that's a lie! It was announced on Wednesday all schools were closed, lol!

-x-
It's still snooooooooowing :biggrin:

Actually... don't know if i can get back to Uni for Monday if it continues, lol!! But anyway, it's all nice and pretty!

-x-
Reply 783
Raining here. Grrr. Nearly all gone.
All come to Henley and make snowmen!!

-x-
I'm ill and havign weird dreams atm. My mate, Ben, just went to the PO and in that time i had a strange dream that someone had called me up and said that he had slipped in snow on the way, knocked himself out and that people had picked him up and covered him in snow and made a SnowBen. I was convinced it was real...and then when I rang him his phone was off so I made one of my mates go out in the cold (I can't cause I'm ill hehe) to check if he was ok :p:
Alex Mann
Raining here. Grrr. Nearly all gone.

Settling again in falk egg
Reply 787
We went out shepshed way in the landy after handing in our final piece of CW (because it was sort of snowish, and we where bored) got a few mile past there and it was that snowy we almost got stuck!
- There was like 4-6inchs where it was fresh, and cars sliding all over the place...

Daniel
Reply 788
Bloody union...it took an hour, that's right, A WHOLE DAMN HOUR, tonight just to get in, put our coats in the cloakroom and get served at the blimmin' bar (and before anyone says it, no I couldn't have bought a platinum extra queue jump wotsit at the beginning of the year as i'm not a proper fresher, no I wasn't going to leave the coat at home when I have to walk in and back from town and no I don't go to the bottle bar as I didn't want to drink nasty VK stuff, or beer). And as if that wasn't bad enough, they had the damn cheek to cut Mr Brightside out halfway through :mad:
Im pretty sure platinum extras dont carry queue jumps. If they do i dont use them, cos i go to the union with friends.

The Djs were worse on wednesday for that, it was so annoying.
Reply 790
benisright
Im pretty sure platinum extras dont carry queue jumps.

Oh yes they do bwahaha, through the Lava entrance. :smile:
Do we? How interesting.... I thought that was only on certain nights - or was last night one of them?

-x-
Reply 792
Nope, as far as I'm aware Platinum Extra can always go in via the Lava entrance for FND. It's the normal Platinum which is only sometimes.
Reply 793
right - platinum and platinum extra have queue jump on wednesdays and fridays (every wed and fri) as far as im aware, or thats what it says in the crew room whihc has details about each night. platinum however only have free entry on certain nights, but they still get queue jump, like the queue jump cards u get from elvyn richards bar or towers bar. sometimes the queue jump queue is pretty big tho, and it moves slower as they only have one till, so sometimes its quicker to actually queue! i think they shud have a separate till for platinum extra peeps cos we dont need to pay or anything!
Ohhhhhhhhhhhh, i didn't know that! How exciting! lol!

-x-
e_clark
right - platinum and platinum extra have queue jump on wednesdays and fridays (every wed and fri) as far as im aware, or thats what it says in the crew room whihc has details about each night. platinum however only have free entry on certain nights, but they still get queue jump, like the queue jump cards u get from elvyn richards bar or towers bar. sometimes the queue jump queue is pretty big tho, and it moves slower as they only have one till, so sometimes its quicker to actually queue! i think they shud have a separate till for platinum extra peeps cos we dont need to pay or anything!

See this is why it's good to know the crew.... :wink:

Thanks for the info, Emma.
e_clark

:ditto: :smile:
But why would anyone with plat extra use that queue? surely we all have mates without that card and therefore without the queue jump.
Reply 798
Yeah. I havent used the queue jump feature of my plat x yet. Although if it allowed a queue jump for you and a few friends...
I used the queue jump feature for the first time this past Hey Ewe...my mates went a bit early..and I was at Butler Court..and was late...and by the time they queued and got in using the normal queue and went up to Lava...I used the Lava entrance for queue jump and met them bang on time...:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending