The Student Room Group

Paramedic Funding - Second Degree

Hello, I'm currently in my final year of a sociology degree at the University of Liverpool, however, after my degree I want to become a paramedic.

Currently, the NHS pay for tuition fees, however I have been told that I may not be able to secure NHS funding when I have already been given financial support for my current degree.

I can't find anything that seems to give me a straightforward answer, so I was wondering if anybody has any information on this issue. Thank you!
Reply 1
You can get funding for second degree nursing so I think it is the same with paramedics.
Reply 2
Paramedic Science is one of several degrees funded by the nhs, so it doesn't matter if you already have a first degree. Not only that, you will also have acess to the NHS bursary as well to aid with living costs.
Reply 3
Original post by use.hername
Paramedic Science is one of several degrees funded by the nhs, so it doesn't matter if you already have a first degree. Not only that, you will also have acess to the NHS bursary as well to aid with living costs.

Not quite true. Some courses at some universities are funded, with access to the NHS bursary, but some aren't. If the OP needs to find a funded course then her applications will be seriously limited as there are very few.
The majority of paramedic course are NOT funded so do your research well. I believe the UCLan, Edge Hill and LJMU are currently funded as are a number of places at Sheffield Hallam and Northampton. I think Greenwich is funded and Swansea is part funded (fees paid and part bursary). Not sure about others.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest