The Student Room Group

IELTS Quesetion

My IELTS certificate will be two years old this coming August. My course (should I be offered a place) though will likely begin sometime between September and October. As a matter of practice, when they say the IELTS certificate has to be valid within two years, does the two years have to cover the start of the course or just the submission date? Meaning, will it be sufficient (at least to the UKBA) if my IELTS certificate is still valid in time for the submission of my application to the concerned university?

I don't want to fork-out another £125 for another test.
Reply 1
Was your undegrad in English? If so, they won't ask you to retake it.

In answer to your question, I'm pretty sure it's when the course starts.
Not valid any more. It needs to be valid when you start your programme.

But some institutions (eg Institute of Education, University of London) accepts IELTS certificates no older than three years old.
Reply 3
University of London meaning the one that houses LSE, UCL, KCL?
Reply 4
Original post by GreenMagus
Was your undegrad in English? If so, they won't ask you to retake it.

In answer to your question, I'm pretty sure it's when the course starts.

If I did my Masters in the UK, will I have a problem with the UK immigration authorities when I apply for my Visa? When my institution gave me a Confirmation of Acceptance of Studies (CAS), they said that I satisfied the English requirements by completing a degree at a UK institution (through the master's degree) even if it is not as long as a typical bachelor's. But what is the score with the visa authorities?
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending