The Student Room Group

Should I swap back to Primary teaching or carry on and then do PGCE or different job?

I am currently doing Sport Science and Education at Durham and still have 2 years left to go, I swapped from doing one year of a Primary with QTS degree before, but now I am tempted to go back and finish the previous degree as I do not think I will be able to afford to pay to do a pgce at the end and don't want to do anything to do with Sport. Does anyone have any advice?
Reply 1
Do you know you get full student finance for a PGCE? So unless there is some way that you can go back and finish the QTS degree without having to do an extra year, your choice is either to get out an extra year's tuition and maintenance loans to finish the Primary with QTS, or get out an extra year's tuition and maintenance to do a PGCE. Either way you will have the same amount of student loans. The only difference if you can go back and do the Primary with QTS is that it may be easier to go back and do that than to go through the very competitive PGCE application process after your sports science degree and risk not getting a place. I would seek advice from your uni student services on the financial implications of switching back. Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending