The Student Room Group

Silly things you believed as a child

Scroll to see replies

I used to believe in God. Now I realise how silly that was.
I used to stay in the bathtub too long so my mom told me that if she takes out the plug I will go down the pipe with the water. Still can't believe she fooled me for 4 yeas.

I wouldn't eat eggs so my grandma would put them under my plush ducks/swans and told me they made the eggs. It worked and I'm kind of nostalgic when thinking of how I used to check my toys for eggs :smile:))

Until I was twelve, my father told me that I can only get my driver's license at 29. I still don't get it why but anyways...

Good times, childhood.
I used to think if you shake a model globe, really small people fell off it.

My dad told me once that if I swallowed orange pips I'd have a tree growing out of my arse and I believed it and then panicked when I swallowed one.
Someone told me butterfly stitches were made of butterfly wings... freaked me out! :afraid:
Original post by beckaroo7
That every morning I woke up as a different person with all their memories. I used to wonder who I was yesterday and who I'd be the next day regularly

OMG what if this is true?!
Original post by syrettd
OMG what if this is true?!

It actually could be ;-) it used to be a genuine source of comfort when younger
That being an adult was going to be awesome..
My Dad used to tell me if I ate all my vegetables it would grow hair on my knuckles, chest or other various body part. I said Ewww I'm a girl and I wouldn't eat my veggies for a long time.

Also that the moon was made of green cheese.
My family is weird.
Loooooool who told you the last one
Original post by Ankabout
-That the tooth fairy was real. :frown:
-That if I got past the equator to the lower half of the Earth I would fall off. :eek:
-That my cousins were also my brothers and sisters
-That if I walked up the stairs barefoot, I would get electrocuted (something my bro said to encourage me to wear shoes and not walk barefoot all the time)
-That camera pictures were taken randomly by a mysterious person so we must look our best at all times
Original post by Secretnerd123
Loooooool who told you the last one

Lol no one told me that but I just assumed it on my own. :tongue: As a child I used to wonder, where did these pictures come from? Who took them without even telling me lol.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 230
That high school would be like being in an episode of Saved by the bell.
I used to think that if you 'adopt' a wild animal (eg sponsor it monthly) it meant you could actually have it as a pet. I remember seeing adverts asking people to adopt lions, tigers etc and wondering how people could keep them in their houses :lol:
I believed America was the land of the free. Oh how wrong I was...
Reply 233
that my glans would fall out if i pulled the foreskin back too far
That i was unique, realising we are all just pawns , a small part of a much larger game.
In before somebody says:
god
That being a princess was a job and I could get it just because I was blonde and pretty. I mean I WAS blonde and pretty, but... I draw your attention to the was. Now the label is either "weird", "cute" or both. I guess I can live with that.
Original post by TheAlchemistt
In before somebody says:
god

Argh someone got there first! Turns out I 'm not as uniquely witty as I thought, my ego hurts lol :smile: anyways God is one of those delusions that falls through with a bit of thought. That being said the concept itself is unfalsifiable so is meaningless anyway. Plus child indoctrination (sounds an extreme way to put just being dragged along to Sunday school but that's what it is fundamentally) didn't help all that much

Posted from TSR Mobile
That people can be trusted.
Original post by FrankTHEsehlat
Argh someone got there first! Turns out I 'm not as uniquely witty as I thought, my ego hurts lol :smile: anyways God is one of those delusions that falls through with a bit of thought. That being said the concept itself is unfalsifiable so is meaningless anyway. Plus child indoctrination (sounds an extreme way to put just being dragged along to Sunday school but that's what it is fundamentally) didn't help all that much

Posted from TSR Mobile

Correction: "falls through with a bit of thought *in my opinion*".

You don't want to derail this thread by starting another debate about God.:biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest